Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

12v cooling fan - DM800HD

mannachie

Inactive User
I'm bringing a DM800HD I have had lying about back to life but I need to replace the 12v 0.05A cooling fan contained within it. I have had a look online but only finding US suppliers, does anyone know of a UK seller that could supply one??

I'm also curious about what version of DM800HD it is, my suspicions tell me it has an older Sim 1.0 but is it a clone or original box? Pictures of the motherboard and Sim attached.

Sim.jpg
20130817_201136.jpg
20130817_201116.jpg

Sim 1 cards were blank that card is marked up like a Original sim card although the font is wrong so it could be a attempt to make a sim1 card look like a original. Original sims didn't have notches in the sides. Original sims were also secured to the sim slot with a blob of resin type material.

When it boots anything on front display any clues to sim type with the image installed if it has a image installed.

Last edited:
You can update that to a Ferrari SIM using the Christmas image. Did so a few weeks ago.

With regards to the fan, if you are not using a HDD, use a 60mm fan and attch it to the HDD caddy. Have a look at one of my posts, I uploaded pictures.

You can update that to a Ferrari SIM using the Christmas image. Did so a few weeks ago.

With regards to the fan, if you are not using a HDD, use a 60mm fan and attch it to the HDD caddy. Have a look at one of my posts, I uploaded pictures.

Could do with some pointers on the Ferrari SIM update please m8. It has a HDD fitted but I have located replacemtn fans on fleabay at cheapo prices so all good on that front.

Search the net for "Christmas Gift - FREE UPGRADE to FERRARI CARD 1.3"

OK done and downloaded, will flash once I receive some hardware I need for box to work properly. I have no experience of the Ferrari stuff so this will be a learning experience :)
Is it not easier to purchase a new SIM 2.01 for the box??

Once you have flash the Sim 1 to Ferrari image just run the Ferrari update plugin in the plugin menu.

If it works you can then flash and run Ferrari images.

Cheers. Awaiting delivery of new tuner and a cooling fan. Once fitted I will tinker with the SIM upgrade and Ferrari images hopefully get the box working and I can put it in my bedroom :banana:

New tuner arrived and fitted, booted up box and seems it has a #70 bootloader and runs a Dream Elite v1.0 image so i'd say Sim 1.0??
Gonna try the Ferrari Upgrade in any case.

Do all DM800HD se clones have cooling fans. If it doesn't does that mean it is not an se?
The DM 800 HD SE has an HDMI socket. The DM800 HD (Non-SE) does not.
The DM 800 HD SE has a hard drive caddy that slots onto the motherboard, there is no sata cable.

Attachments

• DM800 HD (non SE).jpg
    DM800 HD (non SE).jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DM800 HD SE.jpg
    DM800 HD SE.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Do all DM800HD se clones have cooling fans. If it doesn't does that mean it is not an se?

No not all clones do have a cooling fan. I have seen an early one with no fan.
Then they realised that the original dm800hd failed due to heating problems and invented a solution for the clones: noisy fan.

Back