10-year-old gives birth to baby

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
:-( what a world we live in.

A girl of 10 has given birth to a baby in southern Spain.
Social workers are deciding whether to let the mother and her family retain custody of the baby, born last week in the city of Jerez de la Frontera.

Micaela Navarro, the Andalusia region's social affairs minister, said that the father of the baby was also a child.

She refused to give further details, such as the sex or health of the baby.
Spanish newspapers said the mother is of Romanian origin. The daily Diario de Jerez quoted medical staff who treated the girl as saying they were told by her mother that giving birth at such a young age was common in their country.

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=155151242

this is unbelievable...

how can this happen...

her mother said it was common in her country, how come we have never heard this before.

Kids having kids it just ridiculous what chance has she got bringing up a child at her age.Make the father of the child pay his way and the parents to.

Kids having kids it just ridiculous what chance has she got bringing up a child at her age.Make the father of the child pay his way and the parents to.
Micaela Navarro, the Andalusia region's social affairs minister, said that the father of the baby was also a child.

how by taking his pocket money away from him???

bloody sad this and questions have got to be asked who let this happen

this get worse, kids are having kids at younger and younger ages and know nothing about motherhood or the fathers of fatherhood.
Looks like another state brought up child till the fathers old enough to pay for the upkeep of his child his self.
Wonder if Spain and under the circumstances of the thread Romania's laws class this as rape or are they to young to be included in this, opens doors to a whole lot of problems.

I have got a 9 year old daughter and this story makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

My daughter still thinks boys smell, she still wants dolls for xmas for god sake.

What the parents be like for a child to be sexual active is beyond me.

WTF! a sick and sad story....

is this a wind up ...
surely a 10 year is not developed enuff to have a baby . !
ridiculous !

how by taking his pocket money away from him???

No by making him get up early to look after it change its nappy etc and when he,s done a bit of that lock him up in some young offenders place and do him for under age sex. Unfortunately this is a sour point for me it does not take much to get my blood boiling on this matter. Need i say more you decide?

In some cultures/religions a female is a woman when she has her first period and is therefore fertile and able to have a child. This is referenced in the Vedic scriptures, which are the basis for Hinduism and were written 1500BC. Also African tribes, Myan's and Incas have similar thoughts.

I'm not saying it's right, but you would think that if the human body was only suppose to give birth at a certain age then you wouldn't be able to get pregnant before that age, like every other animal on the planet.

A woman i know, her daughter got her period at age eight, so she would physically be able to have a baby, even thought mentally and emotionally she wouldn't be mature enough :(

What is the world coming to? Im sick of hearing authorities trotting out the excuses about how its acceptable in their society - well its not acceptable at all - and anyone that thinks differently should be educated!!!

Its mad that in 2010 we tolerate kids having kids on the grounds that its the accepted thing in their society - in the same way as its not right for a woman who commits adultery to be stoned by decree of the local iman. It's about time the whole world moved into the 21st century instead of clinging on to these backward ideas.

Aside from the practical aspects of it - ie. the child isnt phycially mature enough to comfortably have a child - and I know some 10 year olds have reached puberty etc but they are still not "women" , the mental requirements for raising a child just cant be there??

My first child came along when I was 18 and my last when I was 32 and I feel I am doing a better job now as im older . I cant imagine anyone could be prepared for a child properly under 16 really - and even then I would still think its better to get some life experience first!!

Thing is they are spanish not some bloody tribe in the middle of a rain forest.

What is the world coming to? Im sick of hearing authorities trotting out the excuses about how its acceptable in their society - well its not acceptable at all - and anyone that thinks differently should be educated!!!

Yes wouldn't it be nice if the whole world could be made to be the same standard as us. England would rule the waves again.

Yes wouldn't it be nice if the whole world could be made to be the same standard as us. England would rule the waves again.

Enlighten me more about these so called English standards that we set to other countries I would imagine we would come way down the list of the top ten. No disrespect to you just curious thats all.

To be honest - its not an "English" thing at all - it's more a "common sense" thing?

I think the story says that the family are Romanian and that its not uncommon for youngsters to have children - not that it matters where in the world they are from.

Maybe a few thousand years ago, when life expectancy was short it was advantageous for people to have children at the earliest opportunity, so as to carry on the human race - not much good waiting until you are older if there is a good chance of being eaten by a wild animal while hunting or struck down with a bacterial infection long before Alexander Flamming discovered Penicillin!!! But we have moved on - we live longer because we have better homes- medicine and diet - so we can afford to let our offspring mature before they continue the line!!

If we followed the same "social ettiquette" we could perhaps still be burning women we suspect of being witches?? It's ok - the English have always done that historically so it's not a problem? How ridiculous would that be???

No by making him get up early to look after it change its nappy etc and when he,s done a bit of that lock him up in some young offenders place and do him for under age sex. Unfortunately this is a sour point for me it does not take much to get my blood boiling on this matter. Need i say more you decide?
problem is it takes 2 to tango

dont allways blame it on the lads

this also smells of kids playing about(experimenting)

It is not upto one society, and nor should it be, to say how another society should live, and by what rules.

I didn't say that I agree with a 10 year old having a baby, but I wouldn't jump on a soap box and say that it was wrong because where I have been raised it wasn't the norm to allow it to happen.

problem is it takes 2 to tango

dont allways blame it on the lads

this also smells of kids playing about(experimenting)

When I was that age we played a game called catch a girl kiss a girl generally harmless fun. I wonder what they call it now? and what are the consequences when caught?. Problem is kids want to grow up to quick.

Back