10-year-old gives birth to baby

It is not upto one society, and nor should it be, to say how another society should live, and by what rules.

I didn't say that I agree with a 10 year old having a baby, but I wouldn't jump on a soap box and say that it was wrong because where I have been raised it wasn't the norm to allow it to happen.

What a load of rubbish - it's obviously wrong for a 10 year old to have a child - it could just as easily happen here in Britain through 2 kids messing about and that would be bad - what I object to is the arguement that its normal in another society? If its normal in any society for children that young to be engaged in sexual acts, let alone have children, then its wrong - end of. It's not about one society preaching to another - its about common sense - all children should be protected from all types of exploitation and exposure to things like sex - and that goes from the the sweat shops where children make clothes all day at age 5 to this child having a child at 10. If it is seen as "normal" then thise cultures and socities should be educated so they can see its not acceptable in the 21st century. I'm not idly pontificating on the subject either - I think that more advanced nations should be forced to help other countries who are not so fortunate and advanced - in terms of general education - finances and medicine. Its about time that we stopped making excuses for other peoples behaviour and started doing something constructive about it. How many children around the world lose their life through lack of clean water or food or not having basic medicines? How many are killed in petty wars over land and in some cases not even collateral damage but forced to brandish machine guns at 10??

Wake up and smell the coffee. This is 2010 not the dark ages - although it seems some people could be happy to see us return there??

A lot of comment based on very little information.

I bet this sort of thing has happened before, it's just that news gets around more easily now.

I'm not saying it's a good thing but it might have "just happened".

problem is it takes 2 to tango

don't always blame it on the lads

this also smells of kids playing about(experimenting)

It might take two to tango, but I think this is far more than a tango or
experimenting. I mean you show me yours and I'll show you mine and touching is experimenting, but full blown intercourse at the age of 10, I ask you who have they watched or what do they teach them in school over there in Spain.

It has been said that the girls mother has said " children are having babies at this age every day in Romania, so is it in the gene's or not as the case may be.

Children are reaching puberty at a younger age and girls are starting to have periods at a younger age, but this just means that they need to know the dangers involved in this and with this I mean both boys and girls.

I read somewhere and I can not find a link that actually the youngest person to get pregnant was actually 5 years old sometime in the 30's

WTF:err::err:

I think there was an article in the Metro about it

what do they teach them in school over there in Spain.

Dont think it's Spains fault, m8, read here

The Associated Press: Mom in Spain happy that her 10-year-old gave birth

she only arrived there 3 weeks before the baby was born. The father is only only 13, so an talk of statutory rape would go both ways, wouldn't it? Have seen other reports that only went there to get the €2500 when you have a baby in Spain, but as far as i know you have to resident in Spain for 2 years to get it. Some people were using it as an excuse to bash the fact that they are Roma, looking for a handout, I dunno.

Blimey can you imagine these poor girls in labor!? Seriously scary stuff.

Back