£0.00 for XBOX 360 controller

Used this method to get a wireless pad, it arrived a couple of weeks ago, via second class post.

So rang them up a week later to tell them it had not arrived, no problem they say, we will send you another one. 2nd pad Arrived yesterday: multi :

my contorller has a genuine fault it is about 8 months old i rang them and they said they wont replace it but will repair it for a charge! i think they are wising up and now when people do have a genuine fault under garauntee were gonna have to pay for it out of our own pockets :(

my contorller has a genuine fault it is about 8 months old i rang them and they said they wont replace it but will repair it for a charge! i think they are wising up and now when people do have a genuine fault under garauntee were gonna have to pay for it out of our own pockets :(

I would try them again if I were you. Isn't it guaranteed for a year anyway? At worst they should be collecting and replacing.

Brilliant stuff! I just called up and it worked a treat. Am expecting a new controller within 15 days.

My tip: be polite, they're much more likely to help you out.

You guys crack me up. Im going to p*ss myself it this works. LMFAO..

Ive already bricked my original 360(brought wjhen first come out) and now brought pre-chipped 360 (firmaware).

So should I say I just brought the controller new from shop, and the shop and they told me to ring them?

Both are not under MS warranty..

Yep it still works. Will have my wireless controller for chipped CORE system in 5 days!!!! This is quality, thanks chaps!!

Controller arrived second class post!! Might give em a ring and say I havent recieved it yet.. hahaha

Phoned and told them mine wouldn't connect at all.
New one on its way.
Woot to the OP.

absolutely top notch! Just phoned and told them that the light stays on but it doesnt connect - new one on its way in 10-15 days! Quality

Nice one Ronaldo121! ;)

Still working, just phoned up and said not connecting, she asked if it was wired (I said it was wireless) then she asked if it was CORE or PREMIUM? thought I was rummbled!!! (i said CORE but I had bought wireless controller at the same time from boots.com) She said no probs new one on its way 10 days!!

Ha did this last week, People in head office must be thinking why is this happening all of a sudden lol,

keep it up lads just wanted to know do they as you for a product number?
As my warranty is up!

If they do can someone with warranty help me out with one please!

Thanks

Last edited:
keep it up lads just wanted to know do they as you for a product number?
As my warranty is up!
If they do can someone with warranty help me out with one please!
Thanks

They ask for your serial number so when you registered, 3 years from then. They send it to your registered address so doubt anyone can help, phone them quote your serial number as ask how long you have left on your warranty.

What am I doing wrong??

I tried again but they said I am out of warranty. I told them my console was my 3rd replacement from THEM. So it is a re-furb from an earlier model.

If someone gets an extra one could I have your old one please?

Can you not just get a serial number from a box in a shop, register it and then apply for a new controller?

Can you register onlineor by phone? If so then I am certain the above would work, all they would need is the serial number, which on a lot of products is on the outer packaging of the box.

We have just ordered a second hand premium for my son for Christmas, was wondering if this has already been registered to a different address would I be covered to try this? The console is over my mates, he got it for me and I am paying him when I get my monthly pay through.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to say my wireless controller arrived yesterday!!!

just gave them a phone. almost worked
but because the warranty was up on my console then they couldnt do anything.
this will only work if your console is still under guarantee. but they will give you a free one if the you are within your year of purchasing it. they can check on there computer to see when the warranty runs out.
cheers anyway, but anybody who has bought in the last year should phone them. be quick though, because if a lot of people phone up then they might get very suspicious.
ps.... i told them that the A button doesnt respond but the analogue stick works. and i tried it both wirelessly and with play and charge kit.
I was in the same boat as you warrant was up, so I said I got this controller in december 2006 ... he told me to take it back to where I got it from and get a replacement ,.....I told him I got it from freemans caterlog and that freemans gave me your phone number
and I was to phone you to get a replacement, all was going well till he asked me to scan proof of purchase to him by email
so what I did was, scaned an old advice note I had from freemans and changed all the details to a wireless controller, the date, account number using photoshop and emailed it to them
I got a call from support last night to say my wireless controller is on its way :licka:

Back