£0.00 for XBOX 360 controller

Can you not just get a serial number from a box in a shop, register it and then apply for a new controller?

Can you register onlineor by phone? If so then I am certain the above would work, all they would need is the serial number, which on a lot of products is on the outer packaging of the box.

We have just ordered a second hand premium for my son for Christmas, was wondering if this has already been registered to a different address would I be covered to try this? The console is over my mates, he got it for me and I am paying him when I get my monthly pay through.
it would work as long as you dont give out ur own address coz they will investigate when the new owner of that box eventually needs to call up xbox and they realise that its already been registered

If you ring microsoft and make up some bull about your wireless controller being faulty, they will send you a new one. Their number should be on the back of your manual or inside the back page. You will also need the serial number for your console. They take their time answering the phone but it's worth it.

I called 08005871102 freefone xbox 360 tech support. option 3. waited 15mins for call to be answered. made up problem with controller. they took my details. controller should arrive in 10 working days = PRICELESS

Try it guys its worth it.

If it has been helpful please click the thanks button or add to my rep please

I hav just tried this and it actually worked. I told them that my right trigger button was stuck and the rb was broken off. And i play alot of racing games using the rt button, i recommend ppl use this remeber ur console must still be under warranty 2 do this. thanks to ronaldo121 for this.

would this work if you have bought a new controller? could i say that has bust?

thing is my original controller has broken one that came with console and that is over 2 years old but second controller is about 10 months old?

yes it does work just rang them and they said you have to take it back to the retailer. i said that it was about 10 months ago and i was pretty sure id lost the reciept. she spoke to her supervisor and said they werent supposed to but they will send me a new one out. woot.

so i will once again have 2 working controllers and a dodgy third one :)

there also faster than people on ebay as well as being free ....i talked on friday recieved today!!!

this also works for hard drives i had a 20gb drive in my premium which had failed i knew it was drive because of a screen error showing E68 and my xbox worked without the drive in so i phoned and they sent a replacement in 3 days and i didnt have to send the old one in all they wanted was the serial number of the console and it was in warranty
i since bought a new 120 gb drive so i have a retail 20gb drive to sell on fleabay

this sounds fun

i'm going to call them and say i bought a 360 elite and when i got home there was nothing in the box lol

Just a note.

This works with a lot of companies.

I personally have never done it but I guarantee that for every purchase you make from any company, if the box is supposed to include extra items, then I guarantee that a lot of companies will send you out the extra items if you have told them they are missing.

My best mate used to do it all the time. Especially with printers, he just rang them up and told them there were no inks with the printer yet it clearly states inks, also with TV's, he would call and complain the the remotes were missing.

If you think about it you can actually do this with almost any product you purchase.

I know some companies try and fob you off. Once he did genuinely F*** up and bought a Samsung 32" LCD which included the pedestal. Anyway in a hurry to catch the bin man he took the TV out and remote and his lass threw out the box so she would catch the bin men that day. When he went to put the TV up there was not stand. So we called the shop (we do know the people in the shop quite well) and told him the crack.

He contacted Samsung for us and tried to blag a new pedestal for him but Samsung were adamant that it was impossible for a boxed TV to leave the manufacturer as they were all weighed and double checked before they left. He tried again to blag it but they were not budging.

So in the end it cost him another £70 to buy one in, which was a bummer, lol.

But overall if you really wanted to, you could probably double the amount of items you get in most boxed products if you call up and complain.

After all there is no way that they can prove in 99% of cases what is and what is not exactly in that box at your time of opening it.

Go forth and multiply guys and gals..........:flock:

i got my FREE controller today:proud:

I think i will try that hardrive fault. And see if they really send u out a new hardrive heres hoping.
has any one tried this warranty free replacements thing with the wii or ps3??

i got my FREE controller today:proud:

I think i will try that hardrive fault. And see if they really send u out a new hardrive heres hoping.
has any one tried this warranty free replacements thing with the wii or ps3??

good point wonder if it will work for ps3 controller?

Oh my god... thanks for this... but the supervisor has just called me today and said that they didn't receive my faulty parts. Has anyone else got this? I think they are going to bill me or something now?

Dammit..
i just phoned about the Harddrive and i said that had a screen error showing E68 and my xbox worked without the drive..

the woman said she will go through troubleshooting but i said i wasnt at home..
so she gave me a reference number..

can some1 give me some tips on excuses/reasons for their hard drive to messup

thanks

there is no way they can bill u for a controller if they havent asked for it back ....

i asked the person when shud i send back this one she said there is no need or poiint and told me that they wud never take back a faulty item like that ....didnt ask why ....!

bugger bugger bugger lol just came off the phone to them and they were all happy to give me a new controller & a wireless adaptor but i had to reg my sons xbox.ok i thought and then it turned out the warrinty ran out last month aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if anyones selling one on the cheap please let me know

new controller on its way ,

easy peasy , waited 5 mins to get an answer ,

cheers m8

Just rang up and they are sending me one - Great made up

She even said if I do not receive it give them a shout with the ref number and they will send out another one :banana::banana:

tried this today foned up guy he said console is not registered took my name told him i had a e68 error he said turn on internet update console done all that console not asking for update then told me h/d is faulty go and buy a new one so no luck i will try again 2morra

Back