Cable Breaking Up

ty1012ler

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am having problems setting up cable on my zgemma h1, sat is fine I have put my net id in the cable tuner do not know where to put the frequency and rate in, I have done a scan and 603 channels are found, when I try to watch the free to air bbc news and any other free to air it constantly breaks up, I have tried various attenuatots with no help,I am not using an n line yet, any help please.

dont scan it, use auto bouquet maker. select your cable area and let the internet magic happen.

stefblak thanks for your help, just done a clean boot openvix and tried this, it is much quicker than scanning first but it is just the same, I have tried openatv 5 which shows a s/n percentage of 98 on the sat tuner it is showing 11 percent does this indicate a weak signal which I dont think is the case, I have tried attenuators incase the signal is too strong but to no avail.

Try taking out any unnecessary splits in the cable line. If u have split the cable signal too much then it affects the performance.

I have disconnected everything and connected direct to the supply only my zgemma connected still breaking up and pixalating, tried inserting attenuators up to 24dB still the same, my main box shows s/n of 35dB in the technical information. I am beginning to think the cable tuner is faulty.

Try in someone else house. See if u get the same. Could be a fault in the cable line. Water from the wee box in the street can cause that too.

I dont think it is the cable, I have 2 subscribed boxes and 100mb b/b and they are fine, it mey be something I am doing or not doing maybe the net id or something,or maybe a faulty tuner, the channels are all there 603 of them but they are breaking up. It is getting me down now I have tried most things I can think of, I am not a novice in this but I am just doing the same things over and overwith obviously the same outcome, my subscribed box shows a S/N ratio of 35db whatever that means.

U need to boost the signal matey. Sounds as if its being watered down too much. Eliminate the tuner. Test it elsewhere!

stefblack I have the net id frequency and symbol rate for my area, I am able to put in the net id but can not find anywhere to put the frequency and symbol rate in is this correct.

When I use ABM it asks which provider I want to scan and the area in my case it shows the net id when I select my area and then I scan and get 603 channels, but these channels are breaking up just like a weak signal. I have been to my son's house to try his cable and the results are identical to my house ie breaking up. So it does seem as if the cable tuner in this zgemma is faulty, unless I am missing something.

Don't think u r missing something. Sounds like a tuner issue or something not connecting somewhere.

Well I received another h1 today off ebay( risking it I know ) it looks identical to the one I have been struggling with for about 10 days it even has the same security seal in the same place. There is one major difference it actually works I get all channels sat and cable so the tuner in the first box is faulty, I know of one other who has exactly the same problem as me with only the same two channels properly clearing. So be aware ther are faulty tuners out there in these h1,s.

Last edited:
Back