timeout for tuner lock

lefty1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I am getting the dreaded "tune failed" message.

I have restarted the box but no joy. I have also tightened the cables AT&T he back but no joy. I tried to re scan auto bouquets maker but got the message "timeout for tuner lock".

I turned on the tv today morning and got these messages.

I'd appreciate some trouble shooting help.

Thanks

Any signal been picked up mate ?

If not it could be LNB failure or switch if you have one inline. Cheaper options to check before panicking.

Hi Ferret - thanks.

I don't believe there is any signal. Please see attached.20150416_161010.jpg

Need to narrow down what it could be but need some info first...

Is your setup multi-sat setup or just sky uk 28.2 and you have normal two separate feeds directly from LNB to your solo2?

What image and version do you use? Do you use AutoBouquetMaker (if applicable) in your image?

If you have the luxury of another reciver try that on the same lnb input.

Still got no signal then it will be at the dish end.

I'm getting the same on sky sport channels sky1 works fine tho

Need to narrow down what it could be but need some info first...

Is your setup multi-sat setup or just sky uk 28.2 and you have normal two separate feeds directly from LNB to your solo2?

What image and version do you use? Do you use AutoBouquetMaker (if applicable) in your image?

How do I know it is multi-sat or sky uk 28.2? I am pretty sure it is just sky uk 28.2.

I am running Vix. Version Apollo build 166.

I use AutoBouquetMaker yes.

If you have the luxury of another reciver try that on the same lnb input.

Still got no signal then it will be at the dish end.

I am deprived of this luxury unfortunately!

I am now getting most channels, but no sky sports 1/2/3/4 and certain eurosport channels (so far)

i rescanned, did the autobouquetmaker scan - is that the correct one?

when i did the autobouquets scan most came back, but no sky sports (main channels for me!!) and certain eurosport ones.

It's a network scan you need to do but like I said I'm unsure how to do it maybe some one can say how

I have just checked again. I am getting all movie/music/international channels. I am also getting eurosport. I am not getting Sky Sports 1/2/3/4 and F1. Very strange!!!!!

I did a network scan and got the channels back, but still get the "timeout for tuner lock" error message - does anybody know what this means and does anybody else get this?

Network scan for those that don't know: Setup>service searching>automatic scan>scan

Thanks

There is a thread on WoS for tuner errors with sky sports.

My Solo2 is using latest build 166 which was a usb flash with no restore of settings and I have setup ABM to run daily at the early hours.

I have just checked and have no problems viewing Sky Sports channels.

Hi guys im a newbie and been finding my way. i have a VU Duo running on Vix and have just recieved my new one, its set up identically and all channels are tuned but wThankshen I star a scan in Auto Bouquet maker i get " Timeout for tuner lock" can anyone shed any light on tis please.

Is you tuner configuration correct for the satellite cabling connected to it?
Which providers are you scanning?

frresat uk yes
freesat uk area granada
sky republic no
sky uk yes
sky uk sd yes
sky uk sd area granada

when i put the cables back in the other box they are fine

Which version of Vix are you using? Name and number please.

If you disable Freesat, does ABM complete fine?

Back