CrossEpg and AutoBoquetsMaker - Timeout for Tuner Lock

KhuramG

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I’ve been trying to resolve this for last 3 days now and I’m struggling - any help/guidance will be very much appreciated.

Setup:
Zgemma H7C running on latest OpenATV 6.1
Tuner A: configure for sat
Tuner B: configured for cable
Tuner C: not configured

I am able to scan and view channels via both stream (tuner A for Sat and tuner B for cable) so it cannot be a signal problem but both AutoBoquetsMaker and CrossEPG are not working as they should.

Problem:
Both AutoBoquetsMaker and crossEpg do not work and complain about tuner lock. AutoBoquetsMaker has worked once and I have not got crossPG to work at all.

AutoBoquetsMaker works fine for cable and while scanning for sat it complains about tuner configuration. If I change the provider order and attempt to scan for SAT, it fails.

I have tried re-flashing the box with different images, changed image provider and every time it is the same outcome.

Any help/guidance will be very much appreciated.

I've tried disabling the other tuners and leaving only Tuner A active but did not reboot the box - will try that and report back.

Still no joy - disabled tuner B and C, rebooted the box and tried crossepg.

provider: Sky UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)

When I try to download it, it fails with error "timeout for tuner lock"

Same with AutoBoquetsMaker

yet the signal is fine and channels are working.

Tuner config info if this helps..

what is connected to Tuner A >>> Cable from Sat
what is connected to Tuner B >>> Cable from V*****
what is connected to Tuner C >>> nothing

what tuner A is configured as >> simple, single, 28.2
what tuner B is configured as >> Cable with netID for my area
what tuner C is configured as >> not configured

reflashed the box and reinstalled latest image...

scanned about 1212 channels on both tuners (please see pics)

installed latest AutoBoquetsMaker, selected appropriate options for both sat and cable

cable scan worked and then it tried to scan sky and I got the following error:

"failed to tune sky uk on tuner a"

tried crossepg and I got the following error:

"crossEPG error: timeout for tuner lock"

Though canals are not organised but I can view channels on both tuner (sat and cable) but cannot get AutoBoquetsMaker or crossEPG to work :(

Attachments

• IMG_4032.JPG
    IMG_4032.JPG
    955.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4034.JPG
    IMG_4034.JPG
    964 KB · Views: 7
A. You are not on latest ABM. We made changes to tell you the tuner and provider. OpenATV do nightly builds, always best to install plugins from their server if you are able to.

B. You are more than likely not on latest image. You will need latest images to workaround the audio problem

Can you receive the Sky Transponder on satellite? ABM for Sky UK and CrossEPG downloader (for OpenTV epg) both use the same transponder. Check in signal finder that you can receive 11778, Vertical, 27500. If you cannot, dish/LNB might need a tweak.

Perform a scan on that frequency.

Attachments

• ABM and CrossEPG 11778 satfinder.jpg
    ABM and CrossEPG 11778 satfinder.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 01 scan details.jpg
    01 scan details.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 02 results.jpg
    02 results.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 5
A. You are not on latest ABM. We made changes to tell you the tuner and provider. OpenATV do nightly builds, always best to install plugins from their server if you are able to.

B. You are more than likely not on latest image. You will need latest images to workaround the audio problem

Can you receive the Sky Transponder on satellite? ABM for Sky UK and CrossEPG downloader (for OpenTV epg) both use the same transponder. Check in signal finder that you can receive 11778, Vertical, 27500. If you cannot, dish/LNB might need a tweak.

Perform a scan on that frequency.

Definitely on the latest ABM and OpenATV image.

I tried this last night after reading some of your old posts and this definitely seems to be the culprit - signal finder does not find anything on this frequency - will look into tweaking dish/LNB.

Thanks for your help - very much appreciated.

Attachments

• ABM failure.jpg
    ABM failure.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 6
You are not using latest ABM. We added the provider/tuner error on notifications on the 10th of October. I might change it again to mention reception. A few people have mentioned their tuners are configured correctly even though they cannot receive signal from the frequency.

[scanner] Add provider and tuner to error message · oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker@9ed2d67 · GitHub

Definitely using the latest version mate and installed ABM from the plugins section within the image (please see screenshots attached).

Though a manual scan finds lots of channels on sat but its not locking on the frequency you highlighted above - I think you right and I have a sat alignment issue - will try to adjust it over the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_4031.JPG
    IMG_4031.JPG
    951.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4036.JPG
    IMG_4036.JPG
    783.8 KB · Views: 6
OK chaps, I'm not sure if it is an image problem (I have the latest nightly OpenATV) or the frequency has changed or something else is going on.

DVB-S
inversion auto
2/3

no lock - no channels reurned

change frequency to

11779 (all other setting are exactly the same)

It locks and finds 9 channels including iEPG data - please see pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4078.JPG
    IMG_4078.JPG
    977.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4079.JPG
    IMG_4079.JPG
    952.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4080.JPG
    IMG_4080.JPG
    928.9 KB · Views: 4
<transponder frequency="11778000" is not in my satellites.xml file - could this be the reason?

It is not in the xml files because there are no viewable services. Satellites.xml is only used for validating a satellite/position and predefined scanning. It is not used for tuning. Once again, satellites.xml is not used for tuning.

All other receivers can tune to 11778. Maybe other users with the same receiver can confirm if they have the same problem you are experincing. If so, you will have to forward concerns to the Manufacturer. That frequncy has been used by SKy UK for many years and has not changed.

For time being, you can hack the provider file in ABM by changing the tuning parameter. Do the same in CrossEPG skyuk_astra2_28.2.conf

It is not in the xml files because there are no viewable services. Satellites.xml is only used for validating a satellite/position and predefined scanning. It is not used for tuning. Once again, satellites.xml is not used for tuning.

All other receivers can tune to 11778. Maybe other users with the same receiver can confirm if they have the same problem you are experincing. If so, you will have to forward concerns to the Manufacturer. That frequncy has been used by SKy UK for many years and has not changed.

For time being, you can hack the provider file in ABM by changing the tuning parameter. Do the same in CrossEPG skyuk_astra2_28.2.conf

Thanks Abu Baniaz

As suggested, I hacked the sat_282_sky_uk.xml file and updated the frequency to 11779 and boom ABM is now working :)

I also updated the skyuk_astra2_28.2.conf file for crossing but that does not work and now gives me a different error message "crossEPG error: invalid provider" - is there another file I need to hack?

Others suffering from the same issue on Zgemma H7C, the files you need to hack are located in the following directories:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

/usr/crossepg/providers

Also I tried increasing the frequency by 1.... and I get the same 9 channels for the following frequencies 11779, 11780, 11781, 11782,11783,11784, 11785, 11786, 11787 but no lock on 11778 - strange!

Update:

contents from "skyuk_astra2_28.2.conf" file

description=Sky Uk OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)
# nid ,tsid, sid
nid=2
tsid=2004
sid=4152
# transponder
frequency=11779000 (error invalid provider) << changed frequency from 11778000
symbol_rate=27500000
polarization=1
fec_inner=0
orbital_position=282
inversion=2
system=0
modulation=1
roll_off=0
pilot=2
# channels pids
channels_pids=17
# titles pids
titles_pids=48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55
# summaries pids
summaries_pids=64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71
protocol=opentv

Checked Github and the skyuk_astra2_28.2.conf file for crossepg does not have transponder details.

It looks like like the following. The above file is for radtiotimes xmltv on Github

description=Sky Uk OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)
# nid ,tsid, sid
nid=2
tsid=2004
sid=4152
namespace=18481152
# channels pids
channels_pids=17
# titles pids
titles_pids=48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55
# summaries pids
summaries_pids=64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71
protocol=opentv