zyxel wireless router problem

brickie

Inactive User
Reaction score
the wireless part is working fine,but when i try to connect to the xbox 360 through the lan cable port it comes up with a NAT problem.
the 360 passes all connection tests up to the NAT test,where it says STRICT.

anyone know how to change this setting to connect to xbox live,as i have tried various settings with no joy.
:err:

Hi,

I don't own a XBOX however I'm pretty sure the NAT problem your experiencing is to do with ports being blocked on your wireless router.

You will need to "port forward" or setup "port triggering" on your router for the ports used by XBOX Live. The router you have acts as a type of firewall to stop intruders getting onto your PC/XBOX/Mac etc. It does this (along with other things) by closing all ports you would not normally use.

After doing a quick Google, I found this support article on Microsoft's web site which details the ports you need to open on your router to allow the XBOX Live traffic through. These would be :-

• UDP 88
• UDP 3074
• TCP 3074

So you will need to make these changes in the configuration pages of your router. I'm not familiar with Zyxel routers but have a look at the instructions which came with your router or look on their web site to find out how to make these changes. Alternatively jump across to portforward.com I believe they have instructions on how to setup "port forwarding" for most popular routers there.

You shouldn't have a problem once have done this.

Cheers,

Most routers have a Xbox option now.....the last couple I've had gave an option to enable xbox under misc router page.

I'm guessing this is like UPnP, enabling it sets everything up so it works.

Back