Zafira - clattering.

So, I got my car back, new cam belt and water pump fitted :)

Old pump had basically smashed itself up.

So now the very loud horrible clattery noise has gone - yay!

But, now there are all number of new clunks, knocks and rattles, most of which were not present before the big freeze up.

The guy told me to add some STP Engine Oil Treatment as that would dampen down some of the noises, I added a bottle and it sorta worked, it did quieten some of the smaller ticks etc, but the main knocking sound is still there and not only that, for the first time since 2003 the car failed to start first time this morning, when it finally did start white smoke was belching out the exhaust, the smoke went away as the engine gradually heated up.

Basically, I reckon the engine is completely fooked, the knocking, what can that be, the Big End, isn't that serious money to get repaired?

AFAICS I've just wasted £213 getting a water pump and cam belt replaced, he should have been straight with me and replaced the entire engine. :(

Looks like I'm now in the market for a reconditioned engine, lol.

aaaaaaaaargh!

if u get a few months out of it for 200 quid it isnt that bad m8 ,, renting a car or taxi's everywhere would cost that a week ,, l would off cleared it with u from the start that the car wasnt worth doing but if he said u had a few months for 200 quid lm sure u would of said carry on ..

u have time now to find an engine

Back