yellow brick booster settings?

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
lm havin problems with to strong a signal l think and want to turn the booster down a bit at a time can someone tell wot one to adjust as theres three .. cheers

My yellow brick only has two adjustments but the one to turn down the overall gain should be marked GC (Gain Control) the second one o mine is marked SC (Slope Control).
Good luck.

cheers lads will have a look when l get in , but this is the info

CATV Home 30dB amplifier for indoor use with active 2~20 dB active return path. With F-connectors, slope- and gaincontrol.
• Freq. range forward: 86 - 862 MHz
• Return path: 5 - 65 MHz
• Gain forward: 30 dB
• Gain control forward: 0~18 dB
• Gain return path: -2 dB (ANT AMP-PRO30)
• Gain return path: 2~20 dB (ANT AMP-PRO30A)
• Slope control: 0~18 dB
• Noise figure: max. 7 dB

cheers lads will have a look when l get in , but this is the info

CATV Home 30dB amplifier for indoor use with active 2~20 dB active return path. With F-connectors, slope- and gaincontrol.
• Freq. range forward: 86 - 862 MHz
• Return path: 5 - 65 MHz
• Gain forward: 30 dB
• Gain control forward: 0~18 dB
• Gain return path: -2 dB (ANT AMP-PRO30)
• Gain return path: 2~20 dB (ANT AMP-PRO30A)
• Slope control: 0~18 dB
• Noise figure: max. 7 dB

it has two g.c ones ? .. anyway just turned it down ..so will see cheers

anyone have a link to where i can buy one of these boosters?

It's for the Return Path gain control, the one on its own. Did you read the instructions? lol ;)

The two at the bottom are Downstream Gain and Slope control.

I know I'm digging up a old thread but does anyone really know how to set one of these up for best use, or are we all in the dark and setup via trial and error :silly:

Is it a case of tweaking it a quarter turn each time? (G.C.)

P.S. I got the old style one with only two controls (gain and slope).

I know I'm digging up a old thread but does anyone really know how to set one of these up for best use, or are we all in the dark and setup via trial and error :silly:

Is it a case of tweaking it a quarter turn each time? (G.C.)

P.S. I got the old style one with only two controls (gain and slope).
There's no right answer. The settings will vary from box to box. Gain controls how much you're boosting, and Slope can be used to adjust the gain across the spectrum, meaning you can add more or less boost to, say, the high frequency channels. Because you don't have the veeery expensive kit VM techs do to measure signal strength across the spectrum while you're making the adjustments, it's simply a game of hit and miss, but you should be able to get some idea of what you're doing, if you look at the effect on different frequences as you make the adjustements.

I have just purchased a konig pro 30A CATV amplifierbut when connected eventhough power light on I get no cable signal at all on any channel. I have fiddled with gain and slope adjustment but nothing. is there anything else i should do before returning to seller as faulty?

thanks in advance

Back