UR Browser 80.1.3987.11 Beta

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
1585638698568.png
Chromium-based web browser that focuses on privacy and security.

Fast
- Websites load faster without the ads, trackers and cookies that can weigh pages down.

Private - Protect your privacy with a powerful suite of tools that give you control over who sees your data online.

Secure - Browse safer with alerts for dangerous websites, automatic HTTPS redirect and a built-in virus scanner.

How does UR Browser keep you safe online?

• Your downloads are automatically scanned for viruses
    • An integrated virus scanner verifies all your downloads and alerts you to any files that may contain malicious software.
  • You're immediately alerted to suspicious sites
    • Websites suspected of phishing or malware will automatically trigger a warning before you enter the site.
  • We redirect websites to a more secure version
    • When you visit a website, UR will redirect you to the encrypted version, if it exists. A shield icon will appear in green to the left of the address bar when you are on the secure version of a website.
  • We use a 2048 bit RSA encryption key
    • The RSA key size has been doubled for SSL certificates. This is especially important for sites where you transfer for secure information, as well as for when you use real-time discussions, like video chats.

Depending on the website you are on, you may need a higher or lower level of privacy. Discover the three levels of privacy found in the Privacy Suite, and the features found within each one. You can change your level of privacy and save your preferences for specific websites. This way, your website will always load in the privacy level you chose.

By default, UR browser's medium and high profiles will automatically blocks annoying and disruptive ads like pop-ups, video ads and banner ads. Occasionally, you may see some ads that aren’t disruptive. These ads help support and encourage content creators. Of course, you can choose to block these ads, too, by turning off the Acceptable Ads feature in the browser settings or directly in the onboarding.

• Privacy Features:
    • With our headquarters in the EU, we are forced to respect user privacy to a much higher level in comparison to other countries, namely the United States.
    • Any setting that could compromise your privacy is deactivated by default. Examples include third-party cookies, password autofill, prediction text and more.
    • A built-in VPN helps you stay anonymous and safe by creating an encrypted tunnel between your computer and websites.
  • Security Features:
    • Every file you download is automatically scanned for viruses and checked against a database updated in real time. Files that are suspicious are clearly marked in red for you to review.
    • Websites are rated by a large community of internet users so you know a site's reputation immediately simply by looking the Shield in the upper corner of UR.
  • Other Features:
    • Homescreen: Your own personalized Homescreen centralizes news, weather, search and more.
    • Customization: With an extensive gallery of 2D and 3D wallpapers, you can customize the theme of your browser as well as the background of your Homescreen.
    • Moods: Get quick access to your favorite sites (sorted into profiles called Moods), straight from the Homescreen.
    • Download Booster: Files download 3x faster than traditional browsers thanks to an advanced, “multi-threading” technology.

Other ways UR Browser protects your privacy and security:
Because your private data should stay private

Requirements:

Windows 7 or later (32-bit and 64-bit supported)

Download:
UR | Secure & Fast Web Browser. Optimized For Privacy. European.

This brings my browser 'count' up to ten. I have for several years used different browsers for different sites, mostly Opera, Firefox and Brave and Epic. Occasionally I might have to (last) resort to Edge or Chrome.
I tried this one and it's certainly snappy, but of course this might just be because I've not laden it down with extensions and add-ons.
But so far so good, I like it.

Back