Yahoo messenger display image ?

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have the latest version of yahoo messenger (6,0,0,1671).

Iam having a problem with the display image,,,,,I choose a display image for my friends to see whilst chatting to them and they cant see my display image, doesnt matter whether I choose a standard yahoo default image or if i choose a custom image from my files, none of them show up at the other end, Although I can see all my different friends images.
I have all the settings correctly set in messenger to "share my display image" etc, but still doesnt seem to work, ive reinstalled messenger, still nothing....

At first I was thinking it may be that iam trying to use images that are of too high resolution or too large but I figured that it cant be that cause it still doesnt work even with the default images ???

Anyone any Ideas ?????????????/

:Cheers:

Are they running the latest version aswel m8 ? if not they might not be fully compatible with you, only thing I can think of m8 :)

Yes as far as I know thier running the same version, I understand that if they had an older version it wouldnt work but they definetly have the same version as it was me who sent them the link to update to the latest version, thats how I know.

Don't know if this is the case with your problem but I know with firewalls such as Zone alarm it stops gifs working, maybe something along those lines. Drop your firewall and see if it make a difference.

Prolly image not shared ?

You can share or not share a display image:
There are two ways to configure your display image:

Click the Messenger menu in Messenger and select Change My Display Image.
Click the Messenger menu in Messenger and select Preferences. Select the Display Image category and click the Change Default button.

Choose whether to share your picture or Avatar:

Select the Share my picture option.
Select the Share my Yahoo! Avatar option.

Click the OK button at the bottom of the window.
Please Note: To disable your display image, select the Don't share a display image option.

Done that karma, still the same thing :Cry:

Dutcho, will try the disable firewall option later when my pal's are online, could be the firewall as iam using norton internet security 2004's firewall, also iam using popup cop, dunno if popup cop could cause that too ?

Nah, as far as I know its still the same.

Your configuration looks like the attached screenshot ?

Dunno but having a look at the facts i think the problem is not neccessarily on your end. Ask them if they got trouble with someone else's user pic

Back