Xtreme_Firmware_v5.3_for_Samsung_Official_XBOX360-SYNDiCATE

Upgraded 2 of my mates drives this morning and they took the firmware fine... I was too lazy to flash the original firmware back onto them so just used the samread/samhack method and all is working well :)

Upgraded 2 of my mates drives this morning and they took the firmware fine... I was too lazy to flash the original firmware back onto them so just used the samread/samhack method and all is working well :)

I thought with sammy drives you could flash directly over the top of the previous firmware anyway?

you can with the sammys as its not a firmware replacement like the Hit's, it only patches parts of the original firmware

wrong way round there suicidec,hitachis are patched sammys replaced

ok can i ask some advise do i just inject my drive key into this firmware and flash over the top of my old xtreme firm or do i need to flash the orig.bin back then flash new firm? thanks

'I spoke with Commodore4Eva who is coding the updates for the Xtreme firmwares and he did a quick Q&A with me

* Gameswank: With a current working firmware, why is there a need for a new version of the Xtreme Fw?
Commodore4Eva: It was let known to me that MS received a report on how
to detect backup games sometime ago and were working on it for the dash
update, so I thought it timely to release this firmware this weekend

Gameswank: You say that you had some inside info that the spring update
would have the ability to detect and possibly ban 360 modded users from
their console and or XBOX Live?
* Commodore4Eva: The method won't
detect modded drives but can detect a backup disk and make it not boot,
banning someone for a copied disk would be harsh and damaging to MS
themselves both in revenue and popularity

* Gameswank: Thanks
for your time; I better let you go so you can make some gamers happy!
Oh by the way when can expect the new Xtreme V5.3 Patch to be released?
* Commodore4Eva: Saturday night at midnight before Microsoft gets a chance to release theirs

Currently
Version 5.3 of the Xtreme Firmware will only support the Samsung series
of Xbox360 DVD drives. Though I am told other versions are currently
underway, also beta testers have been testing this new version for a
week now, and Im told they have a system where they test it and report
any bugs before general distribution. So come release everything should
be fine.

We also managed to get a little info on a few of the new features of the Xtreme firmware V5.3:
* Support added for DVD drive to Report as Hitachi 79
* Disc-Jitter added for Challenge Types 5/7 to avoid possible replay detection.</span>

i recomend all sammy drive owners flash 2day as ive heard the update is 2morra'

gopher for sammys as long as you know you dvd drive key you can do it the way you say

and to anybody whos unsure,im not updating my firmware ill take the live update as is and report any adverse effects here asap

gopher for sammys as long as you know you dvd drive key you can do it the way you say

and to anybody whos unsure,im not updating my firmware ill take the live update as is and report any adverse effects here asap

Your very brave :)

ah mr J.....your da man.....a hero ...... : multi :

yep top bloke :) tried to send you a PM mate but ur inbox is full! ;-)

I will wait for your report m8 before opening my 360

Your very brave :)

lol some would say stupid,personally i prefer carefree

but and without wanting to sound arrogant ,big headed or owt i dare say if there are any adverse effects then id be able to sort it easier than most,so i just hope i can save a few headaches for folk

dude, your da man !

Any news on it yet?

this is a sammy that your updating isn't it?

it should become available around 2/3 oclock today

aye its a sammy ms25 ,running 5.2c and showing as a ms28 ill be updating

cool,

You know at some point ViolentJ i'm going to have to update my sammy my self !

So i may buy one of them PCI cards with the correct chip set on it....means i can then update the sammys.

(p.s i know mine is a ms28, with 5.2 on it, but i can't remeber if you spoofed it... )

With all these developments in firmware coming along hopefully it won't be long before we can use NTSC games on a PAL system...

Thanks for the new firmware (5.3).

I got my 360 with flashed firmware on it, and I believe its 5.2, I just have a number of questions hope you can help me out:

To flash 5.3, I have got myself:

1) SATA PCI Card with VIA VT 6421A and a SATA cable; do I need anything else?

2) What version of the firmware should I flash my 360 (a, b, c, d), NOTE I only play copy games and I burn them myself @ 2.4x.

3) Does any of you have any good tutorial in video or text with image format.

Thank you all in advance

NOTE: New Thread http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=123824

Last edited:
Back