Modders Beat Microsoft to the Punch: Xtreme v5.3 WIP

pritesh

Inactive User
Reaction score
From gameswank.com:
I spoke with Commodore4Eva who is coding the updates for the Xtreme firmwares and he did a quick Q&A with me

* Gameswank: With a current working firmware, why is there a need for a new version of the Xtreme Fw?
* Commodore4Eva: It was let known to me that MS received a report on how to detect backup games sometime ago and were working on it for the dash update, so I thought it timely to release this firmware this weekend

* Gameswank: You say that you had some inside info that the spring update would have the ability to detect and possibly ban 360 modded users from their console and or XBOX Live?
* Commodore4Eva: The method won't detect modded drives but can detect a backup disk and make it not boot, banning someone for a copied disk would be harsh and damaging to MS themselves both in revenue and popularity

* Gameswank: Thanks for your time; I better let you go so you can make some gamers happy! Oh by the way when can expect the new Xtreme V5.3 Patch to be released?
* Commodore4Eva: Saturday night at midnight before Microsoft gets a chance to release theirs

Currently Version 5.3 of the Xtreme Firmware will only support the Samsung series of Xbox360 DVD drives. Though I am told other versions are currently underway, also beta testers have been testing this new version for a week now, and Im told they have a system where they test it and report any bugs before general distribution. So come release everything should be fine.

We also managed to get a little info on a few of the new features of the Xtreme firmware V5.3:
* Support added for DVD drive to Report as Hitachi 79
* Disc-Jitter added for Challenge Types 5/7 to avoid possible replay detection.

Full Story/Interview: gameswank.com

nice so is anyone going to take the update or just leave it 4 now??

i dont play on xbox live much but they will include this update in the new games .etc

i can see peeps gettin banned from live

but if they some how prevent the backup from running

now that will be bad

as all my games are backups....lol

only 1 orignal....lmao

Back