playing xbox1 on 360

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
installed xtreme 5.3 and says u can , but cant seem to wite the disc'c right well its was u cant play xbox 1 games without and update ?

(v5.3) Disc-Jitter added for Challenge Types 5/7 to avoid possible replay detection.
(v5.3) Support added for DVD drive to Report as Hitachi 79

(v5.2) Disc-LockOn added for chronic open tray consoles.
(v5.2) DVD Video disc problems fixed.
(v5.1) Open Tray errors fixed (PFI and SS read routines updated)
(v5.1) 5.1c (Dual speed, default fast) and 5.1d (Dual speed default quiet\slow) read speed (Originals unaffected). Both toggle with original Xbox1/360 disc
(V5.1) Xbox1 DDE errors caused by firmware, patched
(V5.1) Possible Xbox1/360 DDE errors caused by firmware, patched
(V5.1) Single Layer DVD disc support(+/-RW) for both Xbox1 and 360
(v5.1) New easier batch file "Make Xtreme firmware.cmd" to make all firmwares.

(V5.0) Single Layer DVD disc support(+/-R) for both Xbox1 and 360
(V5.0) Xbox1 file ISO support - burn just game files to disk in ISO format
(V5.0) Xbox1 file ISO capacity increase to utilise full disk space for single layer
(v5.0) 360 file ISO support (Work in progress. New QWIX tool to come)
(V5.0) Supports older style XBox1 disk format (just burn game.iso)
(v5.0) Enable0800 disk now supported on single layer disk

3 things to bear in mind:

1) You need a 360 HD to install the Xbox 1 emulator

2) Only certain Xbox 1 games work (h**p://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm)

3) You need to install the update. There is a number of ways to do this (h**p://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm)

3 things to bear in mind:

1) You need a 360 HD to install the Xbox 1 emulator

2) Only certain Xbox 1 games work (h**p://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm)

3) You need to install the update. There is a number of ways to do this (h**p://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm)

yea l have done the upgrade and l have the 20 gig drive , is Xbox 1 emulator part of the upgrade from ms ? cheers

its was Bad Boys 2 . no for me lol . its on the list . it asked for the update . so l downloaded that onto a disc and install it . then is say incompatible . something like that . and a number like 18850 : 23548 . havent gone the box on at the minute

Last edited:
if you have done everthing required chances are its not on the compatible list, there is a website somewhere with all the games that are ok and work. i have not got it but im sure some kind soul on here will, or alternatively just google xbox1 compatible games list.

just a note im sure i read they still have to be burnt to a dual layer disk. not 100% on that but im sure i did read that, never looked into it because i dont play or intend to play xbox 1 games on mine.

UPDATE, just seen that you can use single layer disks now, im sure it wasnt the case at one point, and the compatible games list is at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
yea l have done the upgrade and l have the 20 gig drive , is Xbox 1 emulator part of the upgrade from ms ? cheers

its was Bad Boys 2 . no for me lol . its on the list . it asked for the update . so l downloaded that onto a disc and install it . then is say incompatible . something like that . and a number like 18850 : 23548 . havent gone the box on at the minute

If you put an original xbox title in the console that is definately on the compatibility list and the console asks you to update, then you don't have the xbox 1 update installed. Burn the update on CD/DVD from link above and install then retry.

If you put an original xbox title in the console that is definately on the compatibility list and the console asks you to update, then you don't have the xbox 1 update installed. Burn the update on CD/DVD from link above and install then retry.

did the update last week on disc , then the message changed to a line of numbers instead ? . kids will have to lump it lol .. they cant get me off it anyway

just another note, how you creating the copy? again im not 100% on this cos i dont bother with them but im sure you need to create/burn them in a different way to how it used to be done for the xbox, basically you dont make them in the same way as you did for the original xbox.

have a quick search i know it was covered on here at some point.

it was this bit that l couldnt get my head around in the info text

Xbox1 file ISO support - burn just game files to disk in ISO format

?

Back