xmlTVEPG Rytek, How do I set it up so that I receive SKY UK EPG.

Julez101

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been looking around for tutorials and for help with the 7 day EPG that SKY UK has to offer but have had no luck with this subject. I am trying to set up my Miraclebox ( fairly new product without much support) It is an excellent dreambox competitor made in Sweden. I am not sure how to go about receiving 7 day EPG. At the moment I only receive current and next show information, nothing more. I have got the SKY EPG Radio station but what is it and how is it used?

1000 thanks in advance

Is there any way of telling if it is enigma1, enigma2 etc? How would I know which plugins to try?

till the lads what box you have then they might be able to help you dm500 sd is e1 dm800hd is e2 so anybox that is sd only i should think will be e1 any box you can get hd should be e2 just give the lads more info

There is an xmltv rytec plugin for Miraclebox on the official support forum,you will find it easily enough through google :)

The box is a Miraclebox HD PVR which is HD and I have read on one forum that it was possible to install E3/E2 on this box... Has anybody heard of Miraclebox?

And yes it is the plugin that I am running but my question was how to set it up?

And yes it is the plugin that I am running but my question was how to set it up?

Ah sorry m8,I misunderstood,

Can you understand that forum as English is my only language,we could try google translate but that has been known to make things worse lol

haha! I don't think I have spoken clearly enough. I'm an English native from South Africa living in Sweden, Married a swedish lady but I am 100 percent english as South Africa was colonized by you guys;) Let me try make things a little clearer, sorry bout that.

Right, I have a Miraclebox 6HD PVR which I purchased about 2 months back. My satellite points to the astra satellite and is working excellently. My question is, upon downloading a plugin called xmlTVepg, I realized it had no SKY UK epg support and was aimed mainly at the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish public. I have posted on the Miraclebox forum but it seems to me like the guys over there do not like helping each other out. I am in the process of converting this plugin for SKY UK. So far it is looking good. I have found a few SKY channel maps as well as urls that allow me to pull certain information from their sites in order for this to work. If I succeed I will be uploading it here to share with all of you and to save others the hassle of going through the same problem. I asked the question earlier without any knowledge whatsoever but as the day has progressed I am slowly but surely understanding how this plugin works.

Guys thanks again for all the help and any additional info would be greatly appreciated!

Wiz thanks to you too man

haha! I don't think I have spoken clearly enough. I'm an English native from South Africa living in Sweden, Married a swedish lady but I am 100 percent english as South Africa was colonized by you guys;) Let me try make things a little clearer, sorry bout that.

Right, I have a Miraclebox 6HD PVR which I purchased about 2 months back. My satellite points to the astra satellite and is working excellently. My question is, upon downloading a plugin called xmlTVepg, I realized it had no SKY UK epg support and was aimed mainly at the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish public. I have posted on the Miraclebox forum but it seems to me like the guys over there do not like helping each other out. I am in the process of converting this plugin for SKY UK. So far it is looking good. I have found a few SKY channel maps as well as urls that allow me to pull certain information from their sites in order for this to work. If I succeed I will be uploading it here to share with all of you and to save others the hassle of going through the same problem. I asked the question earlier without any knowledge whatsoever but as the day has progressed I am slowly but surely understanding how this plugin works.

Guys thanks again for all the help and any additional info would be greatly appreciated!

Wiz thanks to you too man

Just to correct myself, S.A. was colonized by the English, You're Irish Wiz, my bad:)

Now we are up to speed m8 lol

Did you try going to the rytec.be site and downloading the latest channel list and sources files?

Now we are up to speed m8 lol

Did you try going to the rytec.be site and downloading the latest channel list and sources files?

Yeah, I have downloaded most of what I have from their site. It's really complicated though trying to pull apart a plugin and redo it for SKY UK. I am sure there are plugins that would run on a Miraclebox but i will have to dig a little deeper. Will keep you informed on my progress! Thanks for the help man

Back