Xbox360 games on virgin newsgroups

it sez wen i try install garbit the setup files are corrupted please obtan anew copy of the program.

it sez wen i try install garbit the setup files are corrupted please obtan anew copy of the program.

:( ....try downloading it again mate.... sounds like a bum download lol
or if you know what youre doing through outlook mate if that suits you better...you want to try and be grabbing from the groups that are related to xbox360 ofcourse such as abgx :) and its deffo available cos its where I'm testing from :)

Last edited:
yep dune that and its its all set to go

? now what do we do..add a torrent lol

add a torrent :eek: no mate lol

what you using mate...grabit or outlook?

garbit lol ..but ive just set it up but need to add the server ? where do we put the NEWS.VIRGINMEDIA.COM

We're better off going to msn mate or this thread is going to become very long and very fast lol

try news.blueyonder.co.uk too dont know if its gonna be a seperate server than the vm one but it still works ive had it in newsleecher for ages witchy mate which news server gives ssl for free im using newshosting with 90 days retention and unlimited downloads about $14.99 p/m, cheers

Yerp gotta admit this has alarm bells ringing in my head, With them annoceing that they will reporting people who download copyrighted stuff, And then opening up new sections on there news servers sounds dodgy to me.

Question you gotta ask your self is, Would you mug a copper while he was sitting in the police station ? im sure some nutter out there would say yes lol but still the fact remains they are going to be reporting people for downloading and now they offer it on there servers, Makes me wonder if thats one of the ways or perhaps the only way they can truly monitor what there customers are doing. Im sticking with giga and SSL connections and im not going anywhere near VM for downloads Unless they was the last place on earth lol

At the end of the day the way i see it is it's another nail in the coffin of VM not many to go now

I'm sticking with Giga and SSL too but just for the purposes of testing I did manage to grab a game and at full speed...If anything does come of it then I guess thats my first strike but had to give it a test lol.... for the sake of research and all that... lol..wasnt able to help me ol' mate partycan out as something is blocking port 119 which grabit uses and also blocking his use of remote assistance but for guys in his position who are currently using torrents then I dont suppose the risk is any greater to them using newsgroups via vm because either way vm know what files they've been downloading ;) ...like I say personally I will definately stay with SSL but if youre a vm customer currently using torrents then this is a very good option not to be overlooked. :)

***updated comment***... on an additional note mr black I'd be quite suprised if even vm were stupid enough to suck their own customers in to some kind of sting? ...I mean thats almost the craziest business move to make in terms of customer satisfaction lol...they may be just using the newsgroups as an additional selling point to suck in new customers... "now with free access to popular newsgroups" kind of thing? Would certainly make a lot more sense for them to use it this way surely?

Last edited:
***updated comment***... on an additional note mr black I'd be quite suprised if even vm were stupid enough to suck their own customers in to some kind of sting? ...I mean thats almost the craziest business move to make in terms of customer satisfaction lol...they may be just using the newsgroups as an additional selling point to suck in new customers... "now with free access to popular newsgroups" kind of thing? Would certainly make a lot more sense for them to use it this way surely?

Sorry i disagree from what i know about the way VM is being run they dont do the best things for there company, Can you imangine how much £££'s they lost by dumping sky one ? it must be a few few £0000000's on the end of there that they have lost, I admit i dont know the amount sky was going to charge VM for sky 1 but i bet they lost a lot of customers cause of it, I was almost one of them untill i had a chat with retention's . I also wonder how many people have jumped to another isp cause of the caps that VM have put on thee BB.

I don't think branson is the brighest bulb in the house lol, They are desparate to hold on to there customers just ring retentions and say you wanna leave last time i did it they halfed the cost of my 20mb bb and upgraded my tv package And also a few other things on my phone serivce just seems very desparate to me.
But at the end of the day time will tell what there motive is behind this move

If you are willing to pay I would use newsleecher and ngroups (as its cheap)
I pay £15 Quarterly unmetered for ngroups

giga and grabit for me too with ssl , i pay £15.08 a month but i have peace of mind which i wouldnt get with ntl
i know some people may not be able to afford this but i too am skint but what i save in downloads out weigh the cost of the sub.

try news.blueyonder.co.uk too dont know if its gonna be a seperate server than the vm one but it still works ive had it in newsleecher for ages witchy mate which news server gives ssl for free im using newshosting with 90 days retention and unlimited downloads about $14.99 p/m, cheers

Ngroups.net mate, about £8 a month unlimited, multiple IP's supported.

they may be just using the newsgroups as an additional selling point to suck in new customers... "now with free access to popular newsgroups" kind of thing?

These popular newsgroups have always been part of the Virgin network - atleast they were on Blueyonder, not sure about NTL, the reason noone bothered with them was that retention was diabolical on popular groups so rendered them practically useless.

The only thing that's different is the rentention level has increased a few days.

I use ngroups as its cheap,as SSL, 100+days and fast
I almost max out my 2 modems ;) 4+ meg early in the morning. About 3meg in the day

But its cheap thats why i use it ;)

Upcoming periods: each 3 Month(s) à GBP 14.99

giga and grabit for me too with ssl , i pay £15.08 a month but i have peace of mind which i wouldnt get with ntl
i know some people may not be able to afford this but i too am skint but what i save in downloads out weigh the cost of the sub.

£15 a month is daylight robbery mate, surely that's a typo??

You'll be very happy with Ngroups.net mate.

Back