XBOX 'One' not 720!!!!

watching the stream live now....

to be fair they have stuck a whole load into a "games console"... it really dose seem to be the ultimate in home entertainment not just for games but everything..

i been watching it from the start and it looks really good, like all ready said looks a great all in one entertainment system, looks like it is going to be very expensive though, so far im really liking it,

easily pleased you lot, It looks shit, designed like and old dvd or vhs player and features that have been on pc's for years, they even seemed to have have ripped off xbmc format on the movies bit of the stream.

utter dogshit and i expect the ps4 to be the same so no fanboy comments please .

Im buying neither and will upgrade my pc with the money i will save and still have a better experience than on either of those consoles.

I'd like to thank microsoft for showing me there crap so i could make my mind up.

Where do i put the betamax tape.....

a) too big, wait for the slim version
b) they have taken samsungs technology for voice/control
c) it's no longer just a games console, they have turned it into a "lifestyle" device
d) Skype....hate it with a passion

I just can't see any reason to have it, except to play games...

Last edited:
architecture is based on 8-core AMD platform with x86 compatibility no doubt to quick porting between PC and xbox. Could break backward compatibility.

Rest of the specs are so and so. 100w power consumption is a little high for my liking. triple wifi, gigabit ethernet, bluray drive, 500GB HDD

Xbox One hardware and specs: 8-core CPU, 8GB RAM, 500GB hard drive and more

TBH, it was always obvious that MS were going to pitch it as a home entertainment hub, that is were the future is.

Microsoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid.

Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee.

"On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play," a Microsoft representative told Wired.

The company added that, once discs are installed on the hard drive, games can be played without a disc being in the tray.

The Wired article then elaborates: "What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner."

It added: "Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc."

Microsoft did not disclose what the second-user fee would amount too, and did not clarify further on the matter.

The article claims that there is no sweeping 'always-online' requirement for future Xbox One games.

Source: WIRED

500 gig that's about 62 games? if you have more then your screwed......

It's a cheaper way than "both" parties having to buy an original though, depending on the cost that the "2nd" user has to pay of course...... but then again your not ever going to be able to sell your "used" games as the end user that buys it not only has to buy your game from you (the disk) they also have to then pay M$ to be able to use it, surprised ...I know scony were on about this but didn't think it would happen....then again they needed to combat the piracy.....

COD = £49.99, you buy it give it to your mate and they are charged, £39.99 ? means you can save a fiver on it if your willing to go halfers with a mate.

If you sell it on fleabay your gonna get like £1.00 for it.... so you fork out the initial £49.99, don't like it, your not going to be able to sell it on, to a shop or any one? what about all the 2nd hand game markets and the like, you lending your mate a game for him to try..... know what I mean?

It's totally quashed 2nd hand game sales. But making it mandatory to install to the hard drive? Sound likes it already half way to being hacked.

I agree....

I really thought that they'd be making the killing of "live" rather than go down this avenue as to speak.

Saying that, it's going to be ages until the market is saturated with the new consoles so for the "good of the course" then were all safe for a while..... it's not like everyone is going to ditch there old consoles for the new one over night......

you have a choice, stay with the old console and play the games, or buy the new console and not be able to make "anything" what so ever back off selling an old game on, or worse, "lending" one to your mate. How many people save up and "trade" there games in for a new one's? loads! it's the cost of them, I wouldn't be on here if they were £20.00 for an original but back in the day forking out £50.00 for a game was way too much for me.... but then again I'm like that.(even £20.00 was a little too much...) .. :) lol

Why would you want to buy a machine that is "locking" you down when you can just stay on the existing consoles and play the games, pass them on etc. and more importantly sell them once your sick to the back teeth of them.

My jtag hides behind my TV any way, in bits, not really bothered what it looks like, it's the TV that I'm looking at.

Last edited:
It's totally quashed 2nd hand game sales. But making it mandatory to install to the hard drive? Sound likes it already half way to being hacked.

The "view" is that it will aid in bringing down the price of games in general from the onset, rather than the second hand games market driving the price down, or remove the need to charge for DLC. I doubt that in reality this will happen as first and foremost MS et al are out to make as much margin/profit as possible.

won't be long until were all on the new console and have an 8 TB plugged into it with all the games (insert one of them laugh things here... muha ha ha) :)

what about if I give me mate that has just bought one of the new consoles and then supply him with "ALL" my games that I have on disc, in theory of course as I only ever had one in all the years...lol pro evo 1 i think it was and that was bloody £39.99.....let him install them and then he gives me it back? and then he's playing on the new console and I'm playing on the old one.... after all you don't need the disk on the new machine..... so buy your self a brand new machine and then get a lend of all your mates games..... both win.... well until you want a new console that is... I guess...lol

Whats happens if you havent got xbox live and internet connection ? How would you pay the fee and how can they detect it , i was looking forward to getting one but dont like this new games idea, should be up to ke who i choose to lend my games to, having to pay a fee is ridiculous,

Back