XBOX 'One' not 720!!!!

agreed. All though, "steam" can be hacked and illegal copies of CS and what not run from it, that's what put me off playing it, the wall hacks and the "head shots" think that's why I moved to consoles as it was "fair" and competitive until them rapid fire controllers etc. come out.

it's a cat and mouse chase with "all" games, even the on-line poker makes me ponder...

They defo want a cut of the 2nd hand game market though as it's "huge"

I would never trust on-line gambling. I know its supposed to be regulated but still......

Also I would expect xbox titles to be more hack proof then PC games. Not really a gamer so I don't know if X360 games can be hacked to make them easier to play while online, I know PC ones can be. Also the move to x86 architecture should allow more cross platform online gaming which I believe is quite limited at the moment.

cross platform would be good, I played CS (you wouldn't believe what I had server wise when I was into it) tried CS on the xbox and without a mouse and a keyboard I was rubbish!

I'm glad I was put off gambling when I was 17 years old, (about 6 year back...lol) when I bought a one arm bandit/fruit machine and took the back off and seen the set of dials, turn to the left 0% and the machine paid out on every spin, Turn to 100% and not a cherry landed in! never gambled since, realised that the they could be set by the barman and the owner of the pub etc. totally put me off, glad it did, haven't put a £1.00 in a machine since, well I did, the time that you could flick 2 pence coins up the "coin return" slot and have a game of "tron" etc. :)

Loads of tricks out there....

reading about the on-line poker it's supposed to be regulated and that, but makes you think sometimes "if" the other people are humans.... I only have the odd $0.01 flutter now and then just to kill some time.

Anyway, back to the point. I all ways did have a conspiracy, (I've made posts about it in the past) about them "banning the consoles" and not your "live" account.

Might not be long until another "wave" hits, it has been a while.

just spoke to a mate who works at a game store and apparently MS had been telling retailers that there will be no need to re-pay for second hand games. Also there was no direct mention of second hand payment at the broadcast. So not sure if that information has been validated.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared amog the users of the device," he said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

i would like to think the vice president of ms knows whats going on

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

Other users on the console will be able to play that game as well, Harrison said. So you don't need to buy multiple games per family. "With the built-in parental controls of the system it is shared amog the users of the device," he said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

i would like to think the vice president of ms knows whats going on

You forgot to link to the original article,

You Will Be Able To Trade Xbox One Games Online, Microsoft Says [Update]

Update - Microsoft's Larry Hryb has issued the following clarification:

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

There is little doubt there is going to be some form of payment to activate second hand games and you won't be able to lend games to friends in the same way you can do today but I wouldn't assume anything regarding costs at the moment until its post on an official MS site,

still no used/rental market for it is there,how many people will be willing to share there account info,and how many instances of being signed into an account will they allow.

Well , im a big xbox fan and when i first saw the stream to reveal xbox one i was quite excited, but now ive slept on it for couple days more i think about it more im not wanting one, this games thing if all whats said turns out to be true is ridiculous, a house hold that buys 2 or 3 xboxes wont be able to share games as they will all have there own profile, believe it or not aswell not everyone has internet access, i dont think think its really a bedroom console anymore, its more of a living room entertainment system, i think for me il see what sony brings, or back to my pc and get a bigger monitor, also what if you buy a game is its awful, game you play for 10 minutes and think this is crap, you spent 40 50 quid for nothing, hopefully all rumours,

Last edited:
Back