Xbox Banhammer

he said summat out of places.. was warned he was gonna be ban'd.. and then practically asked for it...

Is it not safe to use LIVE then even if game has been patched/verifed?

I have a new 360 which i just got flashed but don't want to end up getting banned from LIVE straight away so what you guys reckon should i hold off for a while?

Is it not safe to use LIVE then even if game has been patched/verifed?

I have a new 360 which i just got flashed but don't want to end up getting banned from LIVE straight away so what you guys reckon should i hold off for a while?

i would hold off m8 i got banned two years ago around this time , i have closed both xbox accounts until dec 25th , the reason is some people think ms do there banning waves around this time knowing a lot of people will buy another for christmas which will boost there end of year sales , im not saying the info is correct but have done this for my two sons and they havent been banned yet, and for the smart arse who says "they may have been flagged for a ban" i know that but will have to wait until the 25th dec to find out lol

i would hold off m8 i got banned two years ago around this time , i have closed both xbox accounts until dec 25th , the reason is some people think ms do there banning waves around this time knowing a lot of people will buy another for christmas which will boost there end of year sales , im not saying the info is correct but have done this for my two sons and they havent been banned yet, and for the smart arse who says "they may have been flagged for a ban" i know that but will have to wait until the 25th dec to find out lol

i dont see the point of self banning till 25th only 2 find out then if u got a ban or not aint it the same as ms banning u ?

thats only if they have been flagged for a ban, i dont see the point in playing on console while the banning wave has started it may save us it may not, i have done this last year and my sons never got banned. its not the same has ms banning me because if they do thats the console finished on live but if i do it and they dont get banned well all is good

anyone who thinks m$ just bans at a certain point of the year is mad, yep they ban the accounts in waves but your console could have been flagged months ago, so to not go on live when there banning is crazy tbh as if your flagged it will be banned when you switch it back on anyway.

take your chances live with the results. but i still see it as a good deal. ive said it many a time.

xbox = 100 quid (arcade? you have a hdd ect.. already)

games = 40 quid a pop.

10 games downloaded over a year = 400 quid or there abouts.

1 ban a year so new xbox required = 100 quid

maths is great kids.

you can go legit and buy your 10 games a year and spend 400 notes or carry on with your discount lol and pay 100 a year (if your unlucky).

note if you sell your banned xbox it wont even cost you a 100 notes for your new one, or buy second hand.

no ones got a right to be bothered if they get banned tbh and if you do get banned dont moan just think of how much you've had off them over the year.

if this deal was posted on hotdeals uk it would be hot lol. save 300 a year with m$,

Last edited:
thats only if they have been flagged for a ban, i dont see the point in playing on console while the banning wave has started it may save us it may not, i have done this last year and my sons never got banned. its not the same has ms banning me because if they do thats the console finished on live but if i do it and they dont get banned well all is good

I hear what you're saying but I reckon your wasting your time and should just let the kids on Live just now and let them make the most of it while they can, if the console is flagged for banning then there is nothing you can do about it, disconnecting from Live and hiding until December 25th is only penalising your kids mate.

Thommohawk has it nailed.

and what if there consoles are not flagged ? i would be stupid to let them on it wouldnt i ?
its up to me if i follow my own theory and its me who lives with the consequences too, i wouldnt say that people dont have the right to moan if they get banned but thats also my opinion.
also is there any need to call people mad for trying to do something to prevent getting banned ?

Last edited:
well if its not been flagged in the past months what makes you think it will be flagged when there banning? do you think they run a live scanning system while there banning and you'll get added to that?

im sorry but i play all the time when there banning and when there not and ive only ever been banned once in what must be five years or so, and i know that was because of the crackdown/halo beta game, i even played gears of war2 weeks early amongst other games even online and never got chopped,

i dont play any early now well online or saved to my hdd as i dont want to get banned for playing early as it seems they have started to ban for that but if peope leave a trace that there playing erly they will get added to that list but for average smo joes like us playing a game we have played a million times before on live it makes no difference, by your reckoning if we play cod5 any time other than when there banning where safe but playing it when there banning we might get added to that list im sorry but thats daft.

your either on the list or your not and it doesnt matter when your playing. you avoiding playing because you think you wont get banned is silly m8, when you log back in and dont get banned you'll think yeah im not banned and think your not banned because you didnt log in, yet i will be playing all the time and not get banned, if it makes you feel safer who are we to tell you what to do but when you log in dont be thinking your not banned because you didnt log in as that nonsense.

you have as much chance getting added to the list (not banned on that day or before, i mean added to the list) on the first day you sign back in as any other time in the year.

and i wasnt calling you mad, its mad and it says people, it doesnt mention you. im sure many here can tell you if i was to call you something it would be a bit more harsh than mad, but ive no issues with you so im not calling you anything, im just trying to see or get my head round why you think its a good idea when its based on theory.

Last edited:
The whole removing your ability to install too or play games from your hdd is a bit of a kicker , Played a few times but might just call it a day for this box and live . too much stuff installed and too many xbla games bought to throw them all away . hopefully there will be a way to tell if your for the chop via xbox.com . at the license transfer it tells you how many licences you have , banned say 0 apparently ( this was after they where banned though , x-s )

Well I just switched my console on and got the "you have been banned" window. Was expecting it anyway TBH as there was an issue with ABGX and red faction a while back. So far (fingers crossed) seems to be the console only as I had a spare 360 here just chucked my hard drive on it and I'm back on live with my gamertag.

Well I just switched my console on and got the "you have been banned" window. Was expecting it anyway TBH as there was an issue with ABGX and red faction a while back. So far (fingers crossed) seems to be the console only as I had a spare 360 here just chucked my hard drive on it and I'm back on live with my gamertag.

oh looks like hammer has hit the uk now then? i played that fucked up red faction also but no ban YET i guess

Back