xbox 360 noise

herbs

Inactive User
Reaction score
WHY IS THE XBOX SO FUCKING LOUD? My headphone adaptor thing has vanished and now I'm going to have to cut my session short when it gets late, for the sake of the neighbours. All because it sounds like there's a fucking hair dryer under the TV and if i have it loud enough to hear the enemies muttering the whole bastard house shakes when shoot a gun. How the hell they think people are going to use it to watch DVDs I don't know. :Kickassro

you live in a house with paper walls i presume?

it might be a bit loud, but i doubt your going to have the neighbours at the door moaning about the noise coming from your 360.

sure your not playing your games on a hoover 360?

I've saw a few exaggerated posts about the noise of the 360, but this one takes the biscuit :)

However, I suppose there could be a problem with the Xbox that's causing more noise than usual.

It's the volume I have to have the amp at to drown out the noise of the xbox and hear everything that is the problem.

My old sammy 360 sounded like a Harrier taking off. The new Benq ones are much quieter.

It's the volume I have to have the amp at to drown out the noise of the xbox and hear everything that is the problem.

Can't say I've ever experienced any noise that needs the tv cranked up high to overcome the fan noises.

How about reflashing the drive to run no faster than say 6x?

I've got mine set to full speed and at times I fear it's gonna explode :)

its the noise of the 360 that puts me off playing it, id never use it as a dvd player, its way to loud

its the noise of the 360 that puts me off playing it, id never use it as a dvd player, its way to loud

lol, if you're going to be listening to music then it would drown out the noise anyway.

I must have a particularly quiet 360, I only get the odd time when it goes into overdrive, but even then it certainly doesn't affect my gaming, listening to music or watching a movie.

You people are all too sensitive ;)

ive only ever had one noisy one and it wasnt noisy to start off with, i opened it and the fans where full of shit, cleaned em and put it back together, back to normal noise. that was a sammy drive, but its not really the drives that make that much noise it is the fans that make them super loud. so that doesnt really matter.

clean the fans of buy some of them whisper fans and see how loud it is. drive noise you wont get rid of but there not that loud anyway.

ive got a benq elite now, and thats really quiet even a x12 speed.

Back