Mod XBOX 360 for PS1/2 games to run on.

river4ever

river4ever
Reaction score
Completely lost with this.
Wanting thread title to happen, have old xbox 360 sitting about. Was going to bin it but seen on you-tube that it can run playstation games on it.
I heard of Jtag. Needs to be done.
(NEVER DONE IT)......
Is there guide for folk to know what way to allow my really old xbox 360 run even older games back in PS1/2 era?
The likes of colin mcrea rally, metal gear solid and so on?

Really needing a dummies guide on this. Of course i doubt PS disks will run as i suspect it would need to be roms, i should be able to get them.
But needing to get to stage to install roms on 360.
Dont want to bin a console if i can rewind it back to best games in late 90s.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if this is possible.
If you want emulation an old pc with retropie loaded would do what you need. Ps2 is as high as it will go though depending you the pc spec.

I would be surprised if this is possible.
If you want emulation an old pc with retropie loaded would do what you need. Ps2 is as high as it will go though depending you the pc spec.
100% mate.
I have run emulators on computer before. But never took to them with crappy controllers.
I may have been mistaken with PS1/2 running on xbox 360.
This is video i seen you-tube.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But wouldnt mind trying it out.
As if i balls it up.... the console was going in bin anyway.
But really want PS games to run on it.
As that video is Nintendo and sega on 360.
So maybe colin mcrea might not happen.
☹️

Good luck. Retropie will take Xbox 360 controllers. I have it running on my raspberry pi. Raspberry pi will not do ps2 though.

There was no mention of ps1 or 2 there mate.
The rgh hack is the only option for 360 and can be a pain to do. I have done a couple but also broken one in the process.

I would honestly get a raspberry pi with retro pi or use an old pc and run Ubuntu with retropie . Much much easier.

Back