XBMC Questions Answered

johnlennon said:
ps. perhaps there is a way to convert it?

Been trying to convert to avi for weeks lol but keeps messing up and sound is way out of sync.

Had no joy at all, maybe il just end up deleting, its just a bunch of music videos a ripped from a shoutcast stream.

Hey,

Ive got a softmodded xbox running an evoX dashboard at the moment and im haveing trouble getting the new XBMC to act as my default dash.

I deleted the UDATA and TDATA 'face' files
I copied all the XBMC files over to C:/XBMC/
Renamed default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe (the only other .xbe on my xbox other than the default one)
Replaced the original evoxdash.xbe with the new (XBMC) one
Edited the 'XboxMediaCenter.xml' to say:

<home>C:\XBMC\</home>

Copied that over.

It didnt work. It pauses in the xbox splash screen. Ive tried repeatadly to get it working, any ideas?

I FTP the files over.

EDIT: I tried one of the older versions of XBMC and that worked fine, is there something different about the new version that I should know about? (By new version I mean XBMC-CVS_2006-05-13-T3CH, old version is xbmc-1.1-ind)

Last edited:
If you want to boot from dash put default.xbe that comes with whatever version of XBMC AND XboxMediacentre.xml in the root of C:

No need to edit XboxMediaCentre.xml (yet lol)

Rename default.xbe to something your 'chip' can boot..I name mine to evoxdash.xbe..

copy the rest to E/Apps/XBMC folder

remember to delete the folders I told you earlier before you 'upgrade'

tell me how that does

Im worked!

I dont even know what I did differently, I think i must have had lingering files from failed attempts.

Cheers for the reply.

Now ive got it working, how do I set up the weather function?

In the settings it asks for an Area Code, how do I get a UK area code ... weather.com doesnt appear to tell your the codes.

I'm looking for Cardiff, UK and Chester UK.

XBMC is fun!

Last edited:
Quick questions if I wanted to add my own codecs to XBMC do I have to do anything special or just download the one I need and put it into the codecs folder?

bally12345 said:
Quick questions if I wanted to add my own codecs to XBMC do I have to do anything special or just download the one I need and put it into the codecs folder?

When you install the latest version of XBMC it comes with its own compatible codecs..I don't know about doing anything with them m8, that is I don't think you can put your own PC codecs in..

Last edited:
hi m8 got a few questions

well i havent updated any thing on my box for about 5 months now, the last time i did it i used slayers evo x installer.

is it better to have xbmc as the default dash?

how would i update xbmc to the latest version?

i want to use kai which i think xbmc has built in so i dont need the app running on my pc, is this true?

thanks

pritesh said:
hi m8 got a few questions

well i havent updated any thing on my box for about 5 months now, the last time i did it i used slayers evo x installer.

is it better to have xbmc as the default dash?

how would i update xbmc to the latest version?

i want to use kai which i think xbmc has built in so i dont need the app running on my pc, is this true?

thanks

Hello m8 yes it's better to have XBMC for dash just makes things quicker..

Make sure you can ftp into your Xbox..

To upgrade XBMC get the T3CH version then:

Delete the contents of your XBMC folder. Goto TDATA folder and delete the folder with the word 'face' in it. Goto UDATA folder and delete the folder with the word 'face' in it.

To boot from dash put default.xbe that comes with XBMC AND XboxMediacentre.xml in the root of C:

No need to edit XboxMediaCentre.xml (yet lol)

Rename default.xbe to something your 'chip' can boot..I name mine to evoxdash.xbe

copy the rest to E/Apps/XBMC folder

Now re-boot your Xbox!

You will need to run the Kai program on your PC to enable your Xbox to go on-line with X-link Kai.

Hope this helps ya pritesh ;)

hi m8 yes it does help. i take it i need a crossover cable to ftp the box? im going to wait till blackbolts 360 skin comes out untill i update it.

pritesh said:
hi m8 yes it does help. i take it i need a crossover cable to ftp the box? im going to wait till blackbolts 360 skin comes out untill i update it.

Yes m8 a crossover ethernet cable.

thanks alot m8. will have alot more questions for you when it arrives. do you know any thing else about the xbox or is it related to xbmc?

Depends what you want to know..I know nothing about chipping,bios' etc.

:mexican:

na nothing to do with hardware mods, i havent got any questions just wanted to no.

if i use xbmc as my default dash would i still be able to use the apps currently installed?

Hya,
My xbmc only plays mpgs not avi's !!!
What version do I need and where can I get it.
I can FTP from pc but just need the correct files...

TIA

Hi.

Can I setup seven streams on my local network, give each stream a seperate port.
I want to stream the content from my local server over the ports. Different content on different ports.

Example:

Stream1 - 127.0.0.1:1001
Stream2 - 127.0.0.1:1002
Stream3 - 127.0.0.1:1003
Stream4 - 127.0.0.1:1004
Stream5 - 127.0.0.1:2001
Stream6 - 127.0.0.1:2002
Stream7 - 127.0.0.1:2003

cozzy15 said:
Hya,
My xbmc only plays mpgs not avi's !!!
What version do I need and where can I get it.
I can FTP from pc but just need the correct files...

TIA

The latest version isn't that hard to find!! Go for T3CH releases

Back