Linux xbmc on linux

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know if this question should be in iptv section or here (please move to correct section)

ive installed xbmc on ubuntu via apt-get commands installed ok
but when i add repositories from fusion or another repo i can see them enabled
but when i click on them to view it will say its broken
ive forced refresh the repos nothing happens
uninstalled,reboot xbmc,then installed the repos,force refresh but it still says its broken
any ideas on this,i got a feeling its summat to do with ubuntu

try to check file permission and owner, maybe the user running xbmc process dont have enough privileges?

try installing mashup, easy to find on utube. think it is add source and then type in h**p://installmashup.xbmc.com. That's the only one I use really these days. Sorry if my link is wrong, I'm abroad at the mo so working from tired, alcohol soaked brain cells........

just an update
ive installed openelec/xbmc (built in) managed to flash the lappy using a flashpen
installed seconds,ive just installed totalxbmc addons (jeeeze theres a lot of them lol )
will let you know how it goes after tryin it

Where is the best place to get xbmc on linux, i have vusolo2

it is not for linux satellite boxes

yes it is for linux,i have it running on icecrypt 3700 spark + linux you need to flash a e2 image to box and then download enigma2 plugin extensions xbmcaddons 8.0 all ipk i put mine on with blank usb stick with just that file on i am not used to solo so i cant help anymore, good luck from teknokat.

yes it is for linux,i have it running on icecrypt 3700 spark + linux you need to flash a e2 image to box and then download enigma2 plugin extensions xbmcaddons 8.0 all ipk i put mine on with blank usb stick with just that file on i am not used to solo so i cant help anymore, good luck from teknokat.

wow mate
have you got a guide?

Where is the best place to get xbmc on linux, i have vusolo2

The XBMC Plugin for the Solo2 is available from the Plugin downloads section of the image you are using

I've got a copy running on kali and once its set up id say it runs better then on my windows machines :)

any guides on set up I had a quick look but could not find any english channels in the iptv m3u lists

Bit stupid I am, but I've installed the xbmc addon onto the vu ultimo, when I go to addon there's nothing there? How do I install addons? To watch films.
thanks in advance but new to this

hi chuppa64,on the blue screen it will have addons on left click on addons and it will have black screen with exit on top, while there press blue button on remote and it should bring a list of eg,movie files adult .stuff ,youtube and a lot more. hope this has helped yours teknokat

sidenote - if installing an ipk from cli on enigma2 use:

opkg install package.name.ipk

i dont know if this question should be in iptv section or here (please move to correct section)

ive installed xbmc on ubuntu via apt-get commands installed ok
but when i add repositories from fusion or another repo i can see them enabled
but when i click on them to view it will say its broken
ive forced refresh the repos nothing happens
uninstalled,reboot xbmc,then installed the repos,force refresh but it still says its broken
any ideas on this,i got a feeling its summat to do with ubuntu

Try Xchat installed in your applications...Ubuntu comunity will help you fix problem very quickly!

Always go to them whenever i have a question and reply is instant as well !!!

why do u want to use proxy ???
i currently have virgin media and noticed many thing on XBMC e.g Yify, Genesis, MAshup, links dont work anymore.

When i try Yify website, it pops up with sign saying "site is blocked" or something alike!!!

Coming back to my question:

Do u use proxy to bypass problem above?

Back