Android xbmc live tv

celtic1888_04

Member ++
Reaction score
Little help needed.
I got a mx2 android tv box today with everything installed on it but I'm having trouble getting the xbmc live tv option working. Can any tell me how to do it or point me to a noob friendly tut lol. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
can't help myself, but i can say i have it working on pc but on 2 different andriod devices , when setting up i dont seem to have iptv pvr simple client as an option to choose which i have on pc, can only assume its not available on android unless anyone can say different.

You can download iptv simple from here;

pvr.iptvsimple.1.6.1.win32.zip download - 2shared

This is for xbmc frodo as gotham already has it installed by default.

Download it onto a usb stick then goto addons/install from zip file, navigate to your usb and click on the file then goto settings/live tv and enable.

Then goto addons, pvr clients click on iptv simple player and add your m3u file.

The box I bought already had this plugin installed by default on frodo, its pretty good actually its called an arcatrom arc4.

Im thinking of geting 1 of these android boxes but know nothing about them, is there a guide to how set them up, geting the channels, whats best to buy ect, any advice would be great

The box I bought above is already setup. I had a problem setting up my wifi but phoned them and they sorted it over the phone.
I guess having someone to talk to is essential to me on what I buy.

Back