iPod Worth Buying?

Intelligence

Inactive User
Reaction score
There is a lot of people buying Ipods, and there is certainly a lot of hype. I was just wondering; Are they worth the money? I mean are they any better then any regular MP3 Player?

I must note, in the sense that you only want to listen to Music that is.

Thanks,
Intelligence.

There is a lot of people buying Ipods, and there is certainly a lot of hype. I was just wondering; Are they worth the money? I mean are they any better then any regular MP3 Player?

I must note, in the sense that you only want to listen to Music that is.

Thanks,
Intelligence.

I'd recommend one something like the iPod Touch it is brilliant you can install Apps on it, as well as watch movies and browse the net with a Wi-Fi connection!

However if you want it just for mp3's then maybe any mp3 would be fine like mas123 has stated!

Ipods are good fasion statements, and they look good. but they are a bit impracticle.

A decent MP3 player would cost less. You wouldnt need any special software to put tunes on it, and it will play real MP3's, most Ipods need the tunes converting forst using itunes. Yes you can get hacked firmware, and other software so you can share tunes, but with any other MP3 player you dont need any of it.

Sound quality is the same, unless you get a cheap chinese £5 player, and even those can be improved with a decent set of headphones.

I have never quite got the whole ipod thing pal, they are overpriced and don't do anything better than other cheaper devices (as has already been said!).

:)

Ipods are good but i really like the sony walkmans nice interface quality sound and alittle bit cheaper,even the sony ericsson walkman phones are quality as a music player

Iv had loads of music players walkmans, CD, mini disk, cheaper mp3 players, you name it iv tried it.
Iv got an ipod video now that I use almost every day. I attach it to my car stereo head unit and take all my music with me. I also watch videos on it and listen to audio books. Its a great piece of kit. Iv had the same Ipod video for at least 4 years and never had a problem with it.

I upgraded to a touch not so long ago which is also good, however I havnt used it for anything except movies and always use my video as I find the touch a little delicate to use.

If you can afford a ipod video buy it, dont bother with a touch they are expensive for what you get.

I have 8GB ipod touch and wouldn't leabe home without it. :Cheers:

i've got a 1st Gen nano 4Gb , black with silver back, replaced the battery 18months ago, been great for about 4 years. much nicer to use than my previous ones. love them.

and i'm not a Apple fanboy!

the main reason i eventually got an ipod 5g video is i listen to audio books in the car and the ipod seems to be the only mp3 player that will start again were you left off all the others ive tried all start at the beginning.

ive never had any problem using itunes software and my own mp3's work just fine, not sure what a previous poster was saying with converting files ive never converted any..

32g ipod touch. best gadget i've ever owned but if you just want it as an mp3 player its an absolute waste of money and you can get similar storage space for far far less money.

ive never had any problem using itunes software and my own mp3's work just fine, not sure what a previous poster was saying with converting files ive never converted any..

I think when you import them into itunes it converts them automatically for you.

I bought the classic 120gb a few weeks ago and love it. I never leave home without it. The sound is great, the screen is not the biggest for watching mp4's but it does the job.

Back