wont take new image

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a clone DM800 that I am trying to flash a new image. It had BL 75 and is a sim 2.01. I can update the BL to 76b which is then allegedly good enough to accept original images like gemini2 and LT sp4 but when I flash the new image (have tried lt sp4 and pli jade3) they just come up with the no ca error. I can then flash it back to a patched image fine and then I am back to square one. Is there a reason these images are doing this?

Latest bootloader is 76C.Are you sure your flashing the bootloader after you've flashed the original image ? (patched images already include the modded bootloader hence they dont need this procedure). Flash using the following procedure.

Turn the box off, Switch it on and keep the power/standby button on the front held in till you see ***STOP*** on the front display an the IP address.

Then let go of the power button, web browse to the IP address shown on the screen of the dreambox from your PC.

From the webpage 1st flash the original image, once complete DO NOT reboot the box.

Use the same option again from the webpage to flash firmware, but this time flash ONLY the file containing bootloader 76C, then reboot the box..

yeah done that m8. Just keeps coming up with the no ca error. Have given up and have started flashing patched images which are working fine.

The aim of the exersise is:

A- To get an IP address and load it into the Web Browser
B- To reflash the DM800 with a fresh nfi image or Bootloader.

This is how I got it to work with my clone unit:

1- Connected Null modem Cable (9 pin RS232) to DM800.
2- Start DreamUp.
3- Connect power to DM800 while holding down silver button on DM800 until ***STOP*** is displayed.
4- Wait for DreamUp to load.
5- If you get the Error message about no 2ndstage CA found,
........(repeat the steps 2-4 until you get an IP address on the DM800 screen).
6- I have an 8 Port switch connected to my router, so all my connection was to the switch instead on the Router.
7- Connect computer to switch using Cross LAN cable (You coul try LAN cable).
8- Connect DM800 to switch using normal LAN cable.
9- Power up DM800 while holding down the silver button until ***STOP*** is displayed.
........(wait 10 seconds before repowering if DM800 does not start).
10- Start up your Browser (I used Firefox).
11- Enter the IP address that you got from DM800 into the Browser
......( e.g. http://192.168.0.125)
........Wait for the special Dream loading screen to come up.
12- Select firmware upgrade.
13- Click on Browse to select location of the file that you want load from your computer.
14- click on Flash.
15- Wait for the blue scale to finish loading on your browser.
16- You can restart your DM800
or
17- flash it with a bootloader of your selection.

Back