Wont play any umds

manj501

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a psp which is currently on 2.81 and when you put any game in, the little loading circle comes up in the bottom right corner but nothing else happens.

any ideas?

cheers.

If you just get the loading circle and nothing happens ??? if the disc does not load up sounds like your umd drive/laser has gone down.
Spares are available on the net but the fitting can be a little technical and there is a chance of damaging the umd catch when replacing the door.
I was going to suggest you load the custom firmware but not sure if that would work because some games need to detect a disc in the drive to play....could be wrong though.
If the unit is under guarantee then return it for a free repair.

Just as a after thought you could try removing the umd and cleaning the laser with a cotton bud with a little meths on it ...(be delicate with it) ...Have you trien other umd's?? as the umd my have been damaged.

Last edited:
yeah i tried loads of umd's. i'l try giving the laser a clean. thanks.

as ur on 2.81 .custom firmware is not an option to u
as u need either gta or lumines games to downgrade
and if it wont read umd ur fooked.

i have a psp which is currently on 2.81 and when you put any game in, the little loading circle comes up in the bottom right corner but nothing else happens.

any ideas?

cheers.

Try pushing the lense (or laser or whateva u wanna call it) down, when you do that it puts it back into the position. I had the same problem this method cured it for 2 psp's. Hope it works for you too.

Back