Woman Caught On CCTV Dumping Kitten In Bin

fireblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Footage has been unveiled showing a woman dumping a helpless kitten in a wheelie bin for no apparent reason.

The cruel act was caught on CCTV by the cat's owners, Daryll and Stephanie Mann, at their Coventry home.

They discovered the trapped cat when they heard her cries and decided to check the footage from their security camera to see how she ended up in the bin.

They believed Lola - who is not yet a year old - must have been dumped by drunken louts.

But when they saw the video, they were shocked to discover it was the work of a middle-aged woman.

The grey-haired lady is caught petting the animal on camera, before looking around to see if she is being watched.

As Lola walks along the wall lining the Mann's front garden, the woman lifts the lid of the wheelie bin, picks the cat up by the scruff of her neck and throws her in before walking off.

Mr Mann told Sky News correspondent Darren Little: "I was shocked how someone could do something like that to an animal, I know some people don't like cats but you wouldn't expect them to do that to an animal that can't defend itself."

The attack happened at 7.55pm on Saturday and the kitten was trapped for nearly 16 hours before she was dicovered by the Manns who were heading out for Sunday lunch.

"I'm surprised at it being a lady I expected it was someone drunk coming back from the pub, but when I saw that, it's mad," said Mr Mann.

Coventry Police said they had been alerted to what had happened and had passed the matter to the RSPCA.

A spokesman for the RSPCA said: "We are appalled by allegations that a cat was placed inside a wheelie bin in Coventry in what would appear to be a mindless act of animal cruelty.

"Investigations are on-going in liaison with the police.

"Anyone who witnessed anything or who recognises the person responsible is urged to call the RSPCA national cruelty and advice line on 0300 1234 999, leaving a message for inspector Nicky Foster."

Woman Caught On CCTV Dumping Kitten In Bin - Yahoo! News UK

HubbleSite - The Telescope - Hubble Essentials - Quick Facts

I hope they catch that women quick and throw her in the bin. That kitten was doing nothing wrong just trying to make friends.She will Probably get a ban from keeping pets and a small fine when she is caught and that wont bother her in the least looking at that clip.

I was just about to post this myself lol

just dont understand people :( if you dont like animals walk past them

I hope they catch that women quick and throw her in the bin. That kitten was doing nothing wrong just trying to make friends.She will Probably get a ban from keeping pets and a small fine when she is caught and that wont bother her in the least looking at that clip.

lets hope that she gets a life time ban from keeping animals, makes me sick to read about what people wil do to aminals?

lets hope that she gets a life time ban from keeping animals, makes me sick to read about what people wil do to aminals?

Do you know fb a lot of old people (not all) like to live in the past they think they can take the law into their own hands whether it is to do with animals or people.That cat may of done something in her garden or maybe the cat owner knows the woman?. She must live near by?.I have known people to purposely by a BB gun just to scare birds out of trees because they keep tishing in the garden. Whatever her problem is she needs urgent medical treatment for it.

Just saw it on the news, hope they catch her. :Angryfire

wtf! why would anyone wanna do that? you'd think she'd knw better at her age!

Sadistic nutter plain and simple. She probably likes animals but gets a kick out of seeing things suffer.

Maybe the cat had been crapping on her garden, and she was pissed off with it.
Here kitty kitty you won't be doing that again will you"

not a great lover of animals myself, but there is no need for that.....
no excuse in this day and age.
if she wanted rid, could have called rspca who would have came out and collected animal...

I always thought the best place for a cat was in a bucket of water not an empty bin!!:Fish:

As much as i don't see the reasoning behind her actions, I don't think her mental state comes into it she looks perfectly sane on the TV.

She's more than likely just a cat hater or a cruelty fanatic.

Been identifeid and Police have set up a house guard...Lives quite close to me...Be interesting to see what the outcome is...

Don't like cats generally as most of them seem vicious little gits that scram and hiss and crap everywhere. This cat seemed really nice though. Jumping up for a bit of attention and not clawing and hissing when petted by a stranger. Poor thing.

I love the way police offer protection by stationing a cop outside her door. Letting all those people out for revenge know exactly where she lives :)

A bin was good enough for Top Cat ! but to be honest there was no need for her to do that

Back