WLAN Problem DM800HD

c4bl3guy1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a wireless B/G/N dongle from eBay. Tested it on my pc and works fine. Plugged it into my box and my image see's the adapter but refuses to pick up any networks. I've tried a re-flash and a couple of different images and none will work. I tried DBUK 2.1.2, Nemesis 2.6 and a updated current image I use OpenPli. I have attached screens, if anyone could shed any light it would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Dan. :)

What chipset does the wifi adapter have? Are the drivers for it in the DM image?

Yep it's rt3070 and the drivers are installed up on checking TSPanel.

Dan.

Last edited:
Hi mate

Turn off all security on your router reboot you router then 800 are you now able to find your router ?

If so then start putting you security back one step at a time, reboot every thing each time you change a setting to see when it fails to see the network.

Try wep encryption also see if it will use that.

Hi mate

Turn off all security on your router reboot you router then 800 are you now able to find your router ?

If so then start putting you security back one step at a time, reboot every thing each time you change a setting to see when it fails to see the network.

Try wep encryption also see if it will use that.

Tried mate, all produce the same result, strange how it knows the adapter is there but won't let me manually connect to my network or scan for networks. I have a few hotspots around me also and it doesn't bring them up either lol.

Id suspect the adapter then, are you sure it runs that chipset ?

This is the hardware ID under windows...

USB\VID_148F&PID_3070&REV_0101

Plus TS Panel installed the rt3070 ipk so I assumed it was that mate.

can be image dependant as well..WiFi adaptors on recievers are very hit and miss. Try a different image and see if that helps. Also check the version of your chipset soemtimes the chipsets themselves have reveral revisions and the newer revisions are not compatible with the drivers.

can be image dependant as well..WiFi adaptors on recievers are very hit and miss. Try a different image and see if that helps. Also check the version of your chipset soemtimes the chipsets themselves have reveral revisions and the newer revisions are not compatible with the drivers.

Tried a couple of images already mate, no joy. DBUK 2.1.2 was recommended but same result. I've just tried removing the 3070 driver and installing 2870 from TS Panel, rebooted box and adapter still showing but again can't scan or connect manually. It's stumped me lol. Will do a lil more reading and see what I can do.

Cheers. :)

Back