Mobile phone holder for car

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what in-car phone holder are you using at the moment because the ones I have used either fall off or break.

The window suction ones have cost me 2 cracked screens (fell off while driving) and the air vent clip ones ?, the vent slots on my car blowers are too deep so the clip doesn't fit over the back.
I've thought of a magnet job but I done like the thought of a magnet stuck to the back of my phone, the phones big enough.
I saw these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Modohe-Uni...ocphy=1007230&hvtargid=pla-564302875101&psc=1

I also saw the one were you lie it down on a silicone grip map and it mirror holograms back up, has anyone tried these?.

Let us know what your using I'm on a Samsung A51 right now so it's a biggish style phone.
I desperately need something for the satnav, horizontal if possible

I got my daughter one that fits in the cd slot but not all cars have cd slots on the dash now. But she can’t fault as she said it never move or falls off.

Anyone tried one of these ?, my dash is quite deep but I'm wondering how sticky they are ?.
I use something similar with a standard TomTom satnav. They're not actually sticky, but they tend to be weighted and have a very non-slip undersurface so stay put as long as the surface they're on isn't too sloping.

I think the sticky pads mentioned in the listings are for holding the phone in place. (I could be wrong).

I have the magnetic holder and works really well. The disc fits under the phone cover so you dont notice it.

You know these strong magnets you attach as folder holders ?, some are close on being Neo magnets their that strong. Surely these cant be doing the inner workings of a mobile phone any good. I know if you put one of those Neo magnets near an eeprom there's a high probability you will flatten it

Magnets can create dead spots in phone screens as well, even the small magnets in the flip cases.

Back