wirless router

daz1966

Inactive User
Reaction score
]Hi all could any 1 tell me the best router to buy.
ive got a lynsky wg45gs at the moment. im running 2 pc 1 laptop wireless and my ps3 on wireless . is thier a better 1 that would give me more out put on the wireless side.

cheers for any help.: spook :

Srry guys for not intrducing my self first been a busy day lol.

Last edited:
what sort of features are you after exactly?

When you say more out put, do you mean greater speed or reliability? If you would like one thats a little more reliable and has a bit more range, take a look for a MIMO (multiple in, multiple out) router.

As for speed, if that takes your fancy look for a Pre-N router. However if you do that, you will probably need to get a whole new set of wireless cards for your pc's and laptop. The PS3, to the best of my knowledge, doesnt support ant draft-N at all, so no speed increase there.

]Hi all could any 1 tell me the best router to buy.
ive got a lynsky wg45gs at the moment. im running 2 pc 1 laptop wireless and my ps3 on wireless . is thier a better 1 that would give me more out put on the wireless side.

cheers for any help.: spook :

Srry guys for not intrducing my self first been a busy day lol.

FIrst of all don't go for any Pre-N routers as the Pre-N specifications still haven't been finalised and they are still expensive.

If you consider
  1. LAN to WAN throughput
  2. WAN to LAN throughput
  3. Total Simultaneous throughput
  4. Maximum Simultaneous Connections ( Higher the number better it is for torrent or p2p downloading)
  5. Response Time (Latency, Ping, etc) ( Lower is better)
  6. UDP Stream
Then I would recommend either D-Link Wireless 108G Gaming Router (DGL-4300) ( I own one of these) or an Netgear RangeMax 240 Wireless Router (WPNT834).

Hope it helps.

just get 1 that works with ur isp but instead of the 54mbs u can get them 108 mbs so will be connecting @ the same speed as hard wire

Back