Wireless Router - Does this mean the PC's are Networked??

G

gaz_0001

Hi,

I have just got a wireless router.

I have cable broadband plugged into a router, then two seperate cat 5 cables come out of the router and go into two seperate desktop PC's. I also have a laptop which picks up the wireless signal.

Can you tell me are these networked together or is it just the internet connection that is split??

What i mean is - is it possible for me to say send files to the other networked desktop??

Cheers

gaz_0001 said:
Hi,
I have just got a wireless router.
I have cable broadband plugged into a router, then two seperate cat 5 cables come out of the router and go into two seperate desktop PC's. I also have a laptop which picks up the wireless signal.
Can you tell me are these networked together or is it just the internet connection that is split??
What i mean is - is it possible for me to say send files to the other networked desktop??
Cheers

LOL

yes mate they are networked (hence you are able to share you internet connection)

yes ofcourse it is possible to send and receive files from other computers on your network. Go to system properties on all the machines and make sure the 'Domain' is exactly the same on all.

You'll have to share folder or drive before you can access it from another machin. Right click on the folder/drive and share it

To access the file you can either browde 'my network places' or simply type the ip address of the computer you want to access in internet browser (e.g //192.168.1.45).

Hope this helps..

Back