wireless problem

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
anybody having problems. my ps3 just wont pick up my wireless router.

is there something im missing, or some setting on the ps3 i aint done right??

i found it all dead easy,just a case of making sure you entered the correct wep key for me

exactly it dont even see it. im thinking its broke.......

It might be broke but make sure your PS3 is in the DMZ zone of the router and stop any firewalls like norton, mcafee zonealarm etc.

It might be broke but make sure your PS3 is in the DMZ zone of the router and stop any firewalls like norton, mcafee zonealarm etc.

DMZ zone ...... no idea what you mean.

what does firewalls on my pc have to do with my ps3 picking up my router. i can turn my pc off and that wont change a thing with my router.

DMZ zone ...... no idea what you mean.

what does firewalls on my pc have to do with my ps3 picking up my router. i can turn my pc off and that wont change a thing with my router.

My router doesnt work properly with my zonealarm security centre on.

As for DMZ zone if the PS3 is in the routers DMZ zone they are free to connect to each other (like opening ports except if the PS3 is in the Demilitarized Zone then every port is essentially open to it.

But if you say nothings working its maybe not this thats your problem. Have you tested your connection? What does it say?

fine but it should still see that its there

it does not detect it at all. so i cant see why a program running on my pc should efect whether or not my ps3 sees my router.

fine but it should still see that its there

it does not detect it at all. so i cant see why a program running on my pc should efect whether or not my ps3 sees my router.

How do you connect your modem? Ethernet? both USB and ethernet? I would make sure your router is taking the correct network setting whihc may require you unplugging you modem for 20 seconds.

Last edited:
It doesnt matter if a f/w is running on a pc. As it cant firewall a router. make sre that your wireless is set as visible

you need to update your ps3

im on 1.7 now

cant be bothered waiting for a iso loader

It doesnt matter if a f/w is running on a pc. As it cant firewall a router. make sre that your wireless is set as visible

I can tell you 100% definitely my router doesnt work properly when zonealarm is running.

you need to update your ps3

im on 1.7 now

cant be bothered waiting for a iso loader

this has turned into a weird thread.
what has the firmware version got to do with it?????
what your saying is that my ps3 wont see the router because the firmware version is 1.5???? if thats the case then does that mean that everybody on the planet has had the same problem as me up till yesterday. as the 1.7 update has only been released.

I can tell you 100% definitely my router doesnt work properly when zonealarm is running.

im completey lost here. it doesnt work even with pc OFF. which means zonealarm , mcafee , norton etc etc are NOT running.

can you access your router from your pc,make sure it doesnt have an inbuilt fw or something,and it dont matter what fw your ps3 is running

Do you have any other wireless things (laptop) that you can check if router is actually working?

Go into network connections and diable all connections except your ethernet connection. Switch modem off for 20 seconds then back on. This should make the router take the settings of the ethernet connection (just in case it wasnt before).

Test your connection in the PS3's network settings and see what you get.

i know all that i tried that. thats why im thinking its broke.

ps im sitting typing this wireless on laptop next to my ps3

weird

right now it picks up the router without me changing anything. but it fails at obtain ip address during the connection test. do i need to enter settings manually for ip.

right just some guidelines to follow

on the ps3 make sure you have enabled the wifi and not the ethernet NIC
make sure IP assinging is set to DHCP on the ps3
If you have any firewall on the router then disable it or allow MAC filtering
Also just for good measure disable the firewall on the pc just for the time being

please dont take me the wrong way iam not a god of networking just trying to give a few pointers

just got this working without changing anything. just turned it on and it connected.

dont know what the problem was, might have been interferance or something.

Back