wireless lan adapter

avantgardy

Member +
Reaction score
I've just bought a micronet wireless pci lan adapter. I've installed it in my desktop and it won't work. I've tried using it's own software and also using the widows zero config (xp). It works sometimes for a couple of minutes but it seem to just do it on it's own as it's not when I do anything. I have a vermin cable modem and a belkin router. The laptop i'm using now, my wii and my wife's notebook all connect fine. This is doing my head is as I've already just wasted money on a wifi bridge that doesn't work. At the moment the desk top is next to the router. I've searched the net but can't find any help.

Thanks

If its next to the router then why don't you use a cable ?

Aside from that, is your copy of XP up to date and have you got the latest drivers and firmware from the wireless vendors website.

As oneman says if it´s next to the router why not use a cable to hardwire the main PC to the router ? tbh you are better to have one machine hardwired to the router in any case

If its next to the router then why don't you use a cable ?

Aside from that, is your copy of XP up to date and have you got the latest drivers and firmware from the wireless vendors website.

I had it wired up til now but I want to move the modem and router next to my tv and openbox in the room next door as there is a cable point there. It was working a minute ago. I moved the modem and router into the next room, still working. When i went to put the pc back in it's place the mouse froze so i restarted and it's all gone tits up. It says no available networks. It was getting 5 from mine and neighbours before. I think the software is up to date. I'll check it now.

Thanks

I just found a wireless card I took out of a dead work computer, found the software (msi) installed it and it's working perfectly. It's at least 6 years old.

So that's 1 micronet card and 1 vonets wifi bridge both shite and useless.

are the drivers definatly XP compatible.

my netgear dongle with the software that came with it used to randomly drop the connection.

if you just had it m8 send it back as faulty, get a refund.

if you just had it m8 send it back as faulty, get a refund.

Thanks
I threw the box away for the wifi bridge so I probably can't. I got the card in maplin so I'll take that back. My openbox is all up and running now though. :)

Probably would have been cheaper to get a longer Ethernet cable so you could move your box where you liked...

I hate wireless unreliable and cable never lets me down.

My opinion.

Probably would have been cheaper to get a longer Ethernet cable so you could move your box where you liked...

I hate wireless unreliable and cable never lets me down.

My opinion.

I could have done that but I'd need at least a 10 metre cable running through 2 doors and along a corridor.

Back