Wireless AV sender/receiver

k_5hah

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anybody advice me on wireless AV senders/ receivers?

I am a little confused as to how they function. Can channels be changed from any room? And do you have to use the original remote, Or, do the AV senders/receivers come with a special remote?

Your help will be appreciated.

sender/receiver

When set up, you normally have to watch what you are sending on the AV chan. What you need to do is connect the sender unit to the video recorder or DVD player directly. After that all would be well and of course it means that your main TV can show whatever it likes while the 'receiver' unit can display what's on the video or DVD.It also depends on how much you want to spend as some of the most expensive senders work in exactly the same way as some of the cheap ones, here is a link to the one i have and for the price it rocks.

http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/AvCommunications/TvGadgets/AVSender.htm

:Clap:

The one i brought, you had a remote wire, that you have to put infront of the infra red on the device, so you can then use the original remote control to your receiver.

So what happens, you press the remote control, and it connects to the sender, and if the cable is set up right, the remote cable transmits it to the device.

Sounds a bit confusing, but it was a nightmare to get the cable in the right position :p

Thank you raff. This is useful information. I shall check out the link. Thx.

Thanks jamrop. I believe what you are trying to say about the infrared wire is that there is a unit which allows your remote to work even if the dvd/ vcr etc are locked behind a closed unit. I think this is a similar concept.

Does this work even if you use an infrareed remote from a room upstairs?

Not sure if it's what you want, but I thinking of getting a PS3 so I stream movies from my PC to my big screen telly! Better than buying all the bits separately.

I'm trying to find a way of watching TV on my PC in a different room without having to extend wires.

Any ideas of how I can do that?

Oh! and I also want to be able to change channels from the other room.

Give me some ideas please...

I tried a couple of these and the signal was extremely poor - I now just use a signal booster and demodulator to send the signal through the coax to other rooms.

I realise that this is useless if you don't have coax to the room you want to view in but its my take on wireless av.

Cable, sat or freeview?

Cable if you don't want to run wires will be best with the av senders and a TV in card, but see if you can get the higher frequency 5.4GHz, as the 2.4GHz can pickup interference from cordless phones. If you decide you don't mind running the coax, visit our DVB forum.

Sat, as above. There is an alternative method for sky, but its not something allowed to be discussed in the open forum.

Freeview, just get a freeview USB dongle and a good quality indoor aerial.

little_pob, thanks for the info. I shall keep an eye out for the higher frequency types.

Back