Windows 8 RT version - any recovery media?

gadgethome

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Been given a Dell Windows 8 RT tablet. They cannot remember the logon password. I tried going through the windows Reset option, it reboots and then asks you to insert the recovery media. Also tried a few USB bootable password recovery software but the tablet will not boot from it even though USB is set as a boot option and its 1st in the list.

Tried searching but cannot seem to find where to download the recovery media for it.

Anyone know where to get this?

Thanks

Been advised the Dell Latitude 10e ST2E tablet running Windows 8 and not RT as they said originally.

Anyone got one of these tablets? I've tried booting from Windows 8 & 10 but the tablet just wont boot from it. Its in the list at boot up to choose from.

Also tried a few USB bootable password recovery software but the tablet will not boot from it even though USB is set as a boot option and its 1st in the list.
Did you format the usb to FAT32 before installing the password recovery software?

Did you format the usb to FAT32 before installing the password recovery software?
Thanks for reply. Yes I did. Also used the USB one another laptop to make sure it booted and worked.

I've tried Ophcrack, Offline NT Password, Kon-Boot and also several different versions of Linux but no luck.

Make sure that Secure Boot is disabled in Bios otherwise the usb won't be recognised. Use F12 when booting up and see if you are able to select your usb drive from a list

Boot mode is set to: UEFI: Secure boot: OFF
F12 brings up the boot menu and I select the USB drive but it just boots into windows as normal.

Some of the bios settings are locked and no one knows the password for it.
I think UEFI needs to be set to legacy but dont not how to do this.

Back