Sensible Topic Help - Stuck on installation of Windows 10?

I want a totally fresh install mate, WIPED, no files, nothing.....I need it clean. It was 'wiped when i had it, but still had shite running, cortana etc.
I trade to much to risk it, i should be buying BTC NOW instead of farting about..lol

Cheers mate

Yes, it gives you that option.

It's just going around in circles now, goes bavk to main screen /first part where you select language etc, but it seems to be progressing...lol
It's on updates now, bloody pain tbh
It would not let me delete certain partitions, i think that's where the drivers are.....
Win 7 used to restart itself, it takes me back through the WHOLE process each time?

It's just going around in circles now, goes bavk to main screen /first part where you select language etc, but it seems to be progressing...lol
It's on updates now, bloody pain tbh
It would not let me delete certain partitions, i think that's where the drivers are.....
Win 7 used to restart itself, it takes me back through the WHOLE process each time?
The new installation will overwrite them. Win 10 is very good at installing the drivers, don't think I've ever had to install manually.

It's just taking me back to the very firdt set up page each time, weird after it gets to updates.
select laguage, then the HDD partition page, then i select same one, get that warning, then its does the same thing until updates, then reboots to very start, as if your installing for the very first time
Weird.

Surely it should stay on updates, why is it repeating the rest all over again

Hi All

I created a bootable USB with Win10 but i am stuck on the next stage where it asks -

'Where do you want to install windows'

I have only ever had one drive C:.....lol

My old laptop in 10 years old..lol I'm confused at what to select? Format Partition3, then select it?,
Where do i put it, do i need to format or delete anything?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hi All

I created a bootable USB with Win10 but i am stuck on the next stage where it asks -

'Where do you want to install windows'

I have only ever had one drive C:.....lol

My old laptop in 10 years old..lol I'm confused at what to select? Format Partition3, then select it?,
Where do i put it, do i need to format or delete anything?

highlight every partition 1 @ a time then press delete below (red cross ) until no partition left then follow onscreen instructions to install win 10,...that will give u a clean install
evenn the recovery partition if u want clean fresh install

Surely it should stay on updates, why is it repeating the rest all over again

Err, when its rebooting to complete the install your boot order is selected to read from that source first.. you have 2 options.

1 - In bios change the boot sequence to boot that source after the C:
2 - as Chookey says, remove that source from the device when it reboots..

Err, when its rebooting to complete the install your boot order is selected to read from that source first.. you have 2 options.

1 - In bios change the boot sequence to boot that source after the C:
2 - as Chookey says, remove that source from the device when it reboots..

Ah right so the bootable Win10 USB should of been removed after the firstn'windows setup'?

I did make it No.1 in boot order, if i now remove it it will stop going through the whole process from the VERY start and stick to updtaes, which is prgressing, BUT every reboot is reading my Win10 USB....Yea?

The updtaes are halfway now,probaly would of been finished.

HDD is set to 2 in boot order. Shall i switch them, to sxared to turn PC off during an install,.

I did rmove th USB at the start last time, but i had the error there in source hdd or network etcl

Slap your windows install usb drive in and boot form that

Delete all the the portions , start from the bottom one first 5 and work your way to the top , sometimes a recovery cannot be deleted

Then install windows

when it say its going to reboot take the usb stick out and let windows finish the instillation and pick the setting you wish to choose

HDD is set to 2 in boot order (your bios looks like its set to boot into usb first) witch is not a problem

Not good to turn a pc off during a install as it can freak out a bit lol

Am i selecting the correct step before i get to the partition screen bit?
I am selecting Custom:Install windows only (advanced).

Yes, CUSTOM install in order to remove all data from your hard disk and install W10 from zero.
(perhaps late for this reply :-( )

Back