Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

windows 7

So, does anyone think an upgrade from vista or a clean install would be best? I will probably be buying when available
The party line is; if buying the 'E' or 'N' revisions, which are the only versions MS are making available in the EU (inc. the UK), you will only be able to do a fresh install.
I knew I wasn't the only one that liked WinME. :)

It was just Win98SE with a few extra toys and a new colour scheme but I enjoyed using it.
Must say I never had a go of ME. Which is why I won't slate it.

I was a big fan of Xp, was using it from the day it was released. I hated vista. Used it for a few days and nothing would work without actually searching everywhere for an answer. Treated you like you were a dumbass.
But win7 i gotta say a lot lot better than xp, and i am VERY impressed!!
i went from xp to W7 on the home pc and it was flawless. everything worked out the box, no drivers or anything needed to be upgraded or changed.

On the laptop i did a full format and i thought id have to spendhours installing all the driver but the only thing i had to install was the fingerprit reader software, it had actually had drivers for it.
i tried to install the graphics card but neither the xp or vista drivers would work, and i thought here we go, but to my surprise, after a restart i had a pop up come up saying windows had new updates and would you believe one of them was my nvidia graphics drivers!

Its so much faster, works seamless with everything and it doesnt treat you like an idiot. you dont have to confirm everything a million times!

ive had it a while running on a custom slic bios

its ok , it dosent really fire me up and make me want to use it
vista i hated with a passion
it it wasnt for the moving to DX 10 & 11 i would stay with XP

as a gamer im gonna need them so i dont have a lot of choice in the end

Just installed win7 ultimate. Theres a OEM release on newsgroups.

Quite impressed with it so far, although the file permisions was a bit of a hassle before i googled the soloution.

Still haing a play about with it now.

I also skipped vista, thought it was useless.

Just installed win7 ultimate. Theres a OEM release on newsgroups.

Quite impressed with it so far, although the file permisions was a bit of a hassle before i googled the soloution.

Still haing a play about with it now.

I also skipped vista, thought it was useless.

i have installed a tweaking utility that adds a right click 'take control of' for any file/folder, it gets rid of that file permission pain.

cant rem name as i am not at home but will let u know it when i am back

i have installed a tweaking utility that adds a right click 'take control of' for any file/folder, it gets rid of that file permission pain.

Get some bloody work done then instead of messing around on DW :banana: :proud:
HH.

Last edited:

Yep mate, i added that shortcut, lets you right-click and take control of the folder in question.

Nice and handy.

hi mate..can you let me know where you got that tweak from?..its annoying otherwise...also ive noticed that my newsgroups download speed doesnt seem to go above 5.6mbps, wheras when i had xp it was 18.7mbps most times...lol..any ideas guys..? if i cant sort this out im gonna go back to xp....

Last edited:
I installed windows 7 ultimate on my pc yesterday. Just tried the 7loader V1.5 and it won't run, just says there is a problem with it.
I have tried it in xp compatability mode but still no good.

Not really sure if I like it or not at the moment.

Chookey

ive got windows7 running on my toshiba L300-215 laptop, intially my toshy came with windows vista. i wasnt to keen on it so i put on windows xp, i have now put on windows7, surprisingly it has found every single driver..so far so good....

Last edited:
I installed windows 7 ultimate on my pc yesterday. Just tried the 7loader V1.5 and it won't run, just says there is a problem with it.
I have tried it in xp compatability mode but still no good.

Not really sure if I like it or not at the moment.

Chookey

check your pm's m8 ;)

Always best to do a clean install. Dont think there is an update option with this one.

Just did a clean install of xp back onto my main pc as im running 7 on an old clunker and its going like a rocket.
Although 7 is impressive i won't be in a hurry to upgrade just yet.
XP was always ma favourite and after a clean install im even more reluctant to part with it Chris.

hi mate..can you let me know where you got that tweak from?..its annoying otherwise...also ive noticed that my newsgroups download speed doesnt seem to go above 5.6mbps, wheras when i had xp it was 18.7mbps most times...lol..any ideas guys..? if i cant sort this out im gonna go back to xp....

here you go m8 View attachment 48400 windowsvista/7 toolkit

edogg

Get some bloody work done then instead of messing around on DW :banana: :proud:
HH.

Cheeky monkey, I was browsing on my mobile while up in Newcastle doing the Great North Run !!

But its ok, I still love you.

;)

Use Toolkit 1.8 for any erm activation 'issues'.

http://rapidshare.com/files/283163640/Windows_7_Toolkit_1.8.rar

@ Johhny B, I got the tweak utils from here..........

7 free Windows 7 tweaking utilities

... 'Ultimate Windows Tweaker' has the Take Ownership options.

Hope this helps.

:)

Last edited:
Back