CD & DVD Windows 7 repair disc

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Might as well ask here as my w.7 laptop is giving me grief very slow at booting up ,malware upto date and antivirus.

Thinking my system might do with a service as cant do a fresh install.

I have heard the word hirens but unsure if it might work and wondered can that be downloaded and installed on a dvd writer?

So what ideas have you got cheers.

Was hoping not a full install as would not have a clue :eek::eek: , Dam i just put xp on it:eek:o_Oo_O:eek:

AAaarrreghhh!!

I like XP really :). Still have a machine running it as I need it for some stuff.

A full install of Win7 is quite easy, if you have access to the PC you are installing and a PC to access DW then it should be a doddle.

If there is nothing you need on it then go straight to Win7 install. I don't even think there is a formatting tool in Win7, it's been so long I can't remember.

Many pc units around me and backup is xp as i upgraded to a newer one with w.7

Loads on laptop but do i need it and was moving stuff to usb drive and deleting loads to see if it would get quicker.

Think i have an other dead w.7 as wont boot also.

Might be loads of sites i visited and forgot about and stored passwords.

Many pc units around me and backup is xp as i upgraded to a newer one with w.7

Loads on laptop but do i need it and was moving stuff to usb drive and deleting loads to see if it would get quicker.

Think i have an other dead w.7 as wont boot also.

Might be loads of sites i visited and forgot about and stored passwords.

Yes, nightmare when you need your browsing history.

For Firefox (I'm not familiar with other browsers), if you can recover the profile folder from %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ (I think), then you are sorted. The path might be wrong but once you have the folder, importing it and having your browser back is easy.

I don't know if this will help @cactikid but maybe worth a try.

D/L Link

Description: Advanced System Repair Pro brings you all the tools you need in one program to clean, fix, protect, optimize and boost your PC!

oMvxcE3i5T.jpg

Fix your PC problems
Our multi-scan feature will give you easy to read and simple results. Our software will intelligently scan and anallyze your computer in minutes and give you complete thorough organized, detailed results.

Speed up, tune up and protect your PC
Start with a free scan from Advanced System Repair. You’ll immediately find out the root problems affecting your machine’s performance.

Type msconfig into your bottom search bar and go into the Startup tab. Untick all programs that you don't need to start at boot up. Not only do they add to your boot up time, they also use up ram. How much ram have you got?
May be an idea to go into control panel as well and remove any programs you no longer use.

Personally though I prefer to do a clean install. Pretty sure there are images available with all the important updates. I never keep important stuff like my documents on my C:\ drive anyway but if you do then make a copy first. If you use Chrome then all your favourites will re-appear when you sign in.

Security wise all you need is Malwarebytes and Windows Defender.

@sneaker downloaded the program and the amount of pop ups was unreal as malwarebytes got very excited , went through the very big i had and cleaned and removed the lot. Then i ran malwarebytes and showed 3 detections.

Rebooted machine and reran malwarebytes and 30 detections now in hospital waiting for the jab:eek::eek::D
Still has major issues checking the list of 977:eek::eek: critical and other issues.
Retried running rate my pc and that failed again.

So unsure if there might be more issues other than a flash a new image and ram is 3gb on an old Asus laptop.

@chookey i would be nervous with just malwarebytes and windows defender on w7 when support has ended for w7 and previously it was vista:p
+ windows not genuine crap and battery not charging.

I get bloody nervous removing a program that laptop uses , suppose the date might be a clue if i looked closer.

Wondering now is it cheaper getting it fixed and then been told needs more memory and a better hdd:eek::eek:;)

No idea what the current rate for an install and or other in dublin is

Anything more than Malwarebytes and Windows Defender is overkill and is all I have used for years. 3GB ram for win 7 is plenty good enough. I would be very wary of anything you find using Advanced System Repair Pro. It's sole purpose is to entice you to buy the premium software, it will find things that aren't flagged by Malwarebytes or Defender as they are all false positives. 977 which weren't found by your other security is a big flag ;)

You shouldn't shell out much more than £30 to have someone to do a fresh install for you but it's so easy and much more rewarding to do it yourself. All the help you need is right here.

The programs you can delete in Control Panel aren't critical system files so therefore you won't damage your install. The rule of thumb is to leave alone anything from Microsoft or any labelled as being drivers.

Looking at this video now.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back