Windows 7 HP or Pro £30 for students

i am trying to install on a laptop does the battery have to be a certain percentage ?

Not sure on that, but the computer does need to be plugged in. though that, should be, common sense. i would have thought.

Best do it plugged into the mains. You dont want it running out half way through the installation.

A very low battery could be causing problems spinning up the dvd / hdd causing it to hang, but i assume your not trying to run an hour long installation with very little battery!

I assume your laptop is up to spec for windows 7, And make sure you take out any USB or PCI devices to exclude them as the cause of it hanging.

Also check the md5 of the download - to check its not corrupt, causing problems for any iso's you try to produce from it. If it is, redownload (obviously)

Last edited:
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium / Upgrade is that just upgrade disk or can a full install be done aswell.

is this a full install or just an upgrade ultimate? cheers

Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade DVD - £56.75 **DELIVERED**

But im sure these can be installed as full install. loads of tutorials about.

Best do it plugged into the mains. You dont want it running out half way through the installation.

A very low battery could be causing problems spinning up the dvd / hdd causing it to hang, but i assume your not trying to run an hour long installation with very little battery!

I assume your laptop is up to spec for windows 7, And make sure you take out any USB or PCI devices to exclude them as the cause of it hanging.

Also check the md5 of the download - to check its not corrupt, causing problems for any iso's you try to produce from it. If it is, redownload (obviously)

yep it is the right spec i am doing it on a full battery now and still nothing have tried mains think il send it off to toshiba still with warranty

why go through all this.. there are so many Win7 activators out there..

let me know anyone wants it..

I wouldn't mind mate.
icon12.gif

:Cheers:

Last edited:
Another one here mate please Mark...! :)

Another one here mate please Mark...! :)

cool, anyone tell me how to upload it to rapidshare or somefin, I've not done it before..

on the other hand, noticed downloads and uploads under my nick,. can I upload stuff to the forum again??

cool, anyone tell me how to upload it to rapidshare or somefin, I've not done it before..

on the other hand, noticed downloads and uploads under my nick,. can I upload stuff to the forum again??

You can open a free Mega upload account m8.

:Cheers:

Jst make sure you PM each other the links guys as its not allowed on here.

To be honest, MS have done really well with this. The price is damn cheap for what you are actually getting and for once it is actually worth paying for...only fair as they have given the customers what they want.

Links removed

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, MS have done really well with this. The price is damn cheap for what you are actually getting and for once it is actually worth paying for...only fair as they have given the customers what they want.

It's a fair point mate, but fiifty odd quid is still too much for me to be shelling out at present... Sadly. :(

ive downlpaded the files from digital river and created a flash boot disk, its the pro version so i thought my whole HD would have got wiped but it hasnt. its as if it has just upgraded instead of a fresh install.

any ideas why?

yeah causes it's only an upgrade u buy from them bud. i managed to do a clean install bud with win 7 pro i got from there but when u go to acitvate windows later it says the serial is only an upgrade key. but ive got it activated now after addin something into the registry. im going to add a tut for peeps who mayb had the same problem

yeah causes it's only an upgrade u buy from them bud. i managed to do a clean install bud with win 7 pro i got from there but when u go to acitvate windows later it says the serial is only an upgrade key. but ive got it activated now after addin something into the registry. im going to add a tut for peeps who mayb had the same problem

This is where this "upgrade" gets confusing. As I performed a clean install with my upgrade disc and activated it successfully.

I already had Vista Ultimate on my PC:-
I rebooted with my iso burnt disc in. got to the option of upgrade or clean. Selected Clean.
Formatted the drive that Vista was on.
Entered my key when asked.
Activated when asked
All Tickity Boo

Done a backup :)

Back