Windows 7 HP or Pro £30 for students

This is where this "upgrade" gets confusing. As I performed a clean install with my upgrade disc and activated it successfully.

I already had Vista Ultimate on my PC:-
I rebooted with my iso burnt disc in. got to the option of upgrade or clean. Selected Clean.
Formatted the drive that Vista was on.
Entered my key when asked.
Activated when asked
All Tickity Boo

Done a backup :)

i just read your post again there.. i went and bought a new hard drive and installed the upgrade on there so i didnt have anything before and that was how i got that error message id got..i only just thought about enterin the serial i got yesterday and when i got that message i was like crap..but id remembered seein a tut on how to get around it..my old hard drive i kept vista 64 bit on just incase i did have to do it the way u done it

You can open a free Mega upload account m8.

:Cheers:

There you go guys, as I said it works perfect on any version... please select "Run as Administrator"

PS: its clean... wouldnt upload otherwise..

Click Here

Use the upgrade disc, select clean install.. once installation is complete.. Run the above

hola, you are all activated !!

If you can be patient, download the thing and save £30

good luck !!

Last edited:
I've got McAfee and it never alerted me.. got it off a torrent and used it on my lappy which Im using for the past week.. installs all updates etc..

I think its like folk say, false positive but not sure.. Anyone uses McAfee?? please verify if this is the case.. as mine didnt say it was a trojan..

Wouldn't touch McAfee.

But Avast, Spybot and Malwarebytes all give it the ok...

I know its a bit off topic, but whats the best ever anti virus software?? I paid for McAfee thinking its good but obviously its not..

please advise

I know its a bit off topic, but whats the best ever anti virus software?? I paid for McAfee thinking its good but obviously its not..

please advise

You'll never find the "best" mate, because some do well in certain areas and not so in other areas, IYKWIM...?

Kaspersky is usually up there though, as is Eset's NOD. Personally I don't like all-in-one AV suites, as I find a dedicated AV, AM and firewall tends to work better, but again, it's down to personal opinion.

I used to use NOD, but got fed up chasing "fixes", and KAV didn't like working with ZoneAlarm, etc. So these days, I use Avast (Pro, but free is almost as good) as my AV, Comodo as my firewall, and Malwarebytes as my AM. All have behaved pretty much impeccably, and do what it needs to do, without virtually any hassle at all...

Other people will have different opinions though, but for me it's the business.

Check out Secunia and Wilders Security sites, you should find some useful info on there to get you started.

McAfee is utter shite though! ;)

please advise

hijackomfg.jpg

only kidding, you'd be aswell with the free ones i hear lots of people saying they use them and having no real issues with spam, viruses, adware ect......

Just ordered, Win7 Pro 64bit hard copy and extended digi copy I also ordered 32bit hard copy but im guessing I cant use the same key twice, I was going to upgrade my vista laptop with the 32bit version and do fresh install on my 64bit machine... Or have I just wasted an extra £9.00?

Also any way of upgrading to ultimate?

TIA

Just ordered, Win7 Pro 64bit hard copy and extended digi copy I also ordered 32bit hard copy but im guessing I cant use the same key twice, I was going to upgrade my vista laptop with the 32bit version and do fresh install on my 64bit machine... Or have I just wasted an extra £9.00?

Also any way of upgrading to ultimate?

TIA

The key is only valid for one installation, but i wouldnt be supprised if you could activate multiple computers with the same key. - it's a gamble tho!

Why do you want to upgrade to ultimate? The only extras with it is bitlocker and there are many "free" programs out there that do a better job. There is no way of upgrading other than paying M$ lots of money or getting a cracked key. They are also supplied on seperate CD's

Last edited:
what i didnt know and what ill will do next time is buy an upgrade from microsoft themselves. they do student discounts at the same price as digital river and they also do ultimate aswell.

what i didnt know and what ill will do next time is buy an upgrade from microsoft themselves. they do student discounts at the same price as digital river and they also do ultimate aswell.

student discount you need an official university email account for purchase, not easy to get unless you are at uni or you know someone who is.

Not true!

They only do "Office Ultimate" not windows 7 ultimate, they do windows7 hp and pro.

The microsoft deal sends e-mails and ships from Digital River i.e. they are the same thing!

Software for students sells ultimate to students for £56 tho,

Excellent post on hukd today that if you work for certain stores and complete a few online surveys you can get this for £9.00.

Links removed

Can I just get clarification why my links were removed please?

They were only hosting sites like MU, RS, Ultrashare etc. They didn't link to ANY files what so ever, just to to the home page of the hosting sites...? Surely that's no different than recommending 1and1, or any other domain hosts? I'm not meaning to cause trouble, or anything like that, I'm just a bit surprised is all.

BTW, only reason I mention it because I think I'm going to go with Devil666x post, seems like a good deal. Thanks mate. :Clap:

Toshiba are offering an upgrade on certain units, which I'm entitled to, but by the time I sign up for that, I can go with D666x's link, and do the lads PC as well.

Back