Windows 7 HP or Pro £30 for students

those of you hoping to do an "upgrade" directly from an install of XP or Vista. should look around for information on upgrade times.
The biggest thing that stands out about this chart is the very broad range of the upgrade time: from 30 minutes to 1,220 minutes. That second extreme is not a typo: Microsoft really did time an upgrade that took 20 hours and 20 minutes. That's with 650GB of data, 40 applications, on mid-end hardware, and during a 32-bit upgrade. We don't even want to know how long it would take if Microsoft had bothered doing the same test with low-end hardware.
Microsoft: Windows 7 upgrade can take nearly a day (Updated x2) - Ars Technica

you may well be better off, just doing a clean install

those of you hoping to do an "upgrade" directly from an install of XP or Vista. should look around for information on upgrade times.

Microsoft: Windows 7 upgrade can take nearly a day (Updated x2) - Ars Technica

you may well be better off, just doing a clean install

know what its the first time Ive bought the upgrade version as with vista i bought the oem one for bout 120.so it was clean install every time. when u say "you may well be better off, just doing a clean install" your meaning do a clean install with yor vista disk and then windows 7 upgrade to save time. i don't mind doing that but i never relised the time it could involve as u said above..my other question aswell is once you,ve upgraded to windows 7..is the vista disk and serial still usable on another computer

your meaning do a clean install with yor vista disk and then windows 7 upgrade to save time.

no i mean do an install from the Windows 7 disk. choosing to fdisc(remove all partitions) and reformat the hdd. though they say " buy and upgrade", all they mean is, you already have a ligit version of a previous WINDOWS. so you get a copy of the new one cheap.
as far as i am aware, windows 7, takes no longer to install than Vista. if you install on a CLEAN drive. upgrading a current install, is what takes the time.

no i mean do an install from the Windows 7 disk. choosing to fdisc(remove all partitions) and reformat the hdd. though they say " buy and upgrade", all they mean is, you already have a ligit version of a previous WINDOWS. so you get a copy of the new one cheap.
as far as i am aware, windows 7, takes no longer to install than Vista. if you install on a CLEAN drive. upgrading a current install, is what takes the time.

with ya now bud..cheers...i was thinkin there for a min u could only use upgrade on top off the windows your runnin but if u can run in on a new hard drive just like version out the shops then thats even better..like i said first time ive bought an upgrade

I have done an upgrade from vista 32 ultimate to windows 7 ultimate and it took just under an hour.

Hi,

I got the email to download, it lists a series of steps to but i cannot see a link below step 2...

Step 2: Copy and paste the link below into your browser

Also i cannot see a windows key in the email and when i log into my account
in the "Quick Order Lookup" section of the digitalriver website i'm shown a summary of what i purchased but no links to download.

anyone tell me if they've managed to download theirs yet?

Jan

Got my link today, will get the wife to start the download later.

Can the upgrade be burnt to disc as a bootable ISO? (Win 7 Pro).

downloading mine now according to the download box i should have it in about 45 mins ....................but it did say that 25 minutes ago lol

Hi,

I got the email to download, it lists a series of steps to but i cannot see a link below step 2...

Step 2: Copy and paste the link below into your browser

Also i cannot see a windows key in the email and when i log into my account
in the "Quick Order Lookup" section of the digitalriver website i'm shown a summary of what i purchased but no links to download.

anyone tell me if they've managed to download theirs yet?

Jan

i was thinkin ealry on about the key..ive downloaded this in work as i bought win7 pro and would the key on the vista you,ve upgraded not be it..i cant c my key anywhere so im thinkin that

i was thinkin ealry on about the key..ive downloaded this in work as i bought win7 pro and would the key on the vista you,ve upgraded not be it..i cant c my key anywhere so im thinkin that
the key is in the download email below step 6

the key is in the download email below step 6

just got it there bud..i never went to the email first..i had forwarded the email i got first time with the link as it was my ex girl friends email address..so i just logged in again and wolla lol cheers

They've messed up my order... then..

I see no download link in step two. Just a space.
No key in step 6 of my email.

Try looking up my order details at digital river and i see no links on that page either.

I've just shot an message off to digital river support and too see if they can find out whats happening.

Jan

Used this to create an ISO

oscdimg -bC:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\expandedSetup\ C:\7.iso

You will need to download oscdimg though and stick it into the sys32 dir

what a farce i got the win7 pro
and went to update my vista ulltimate hmmm edition it wouldnt do it :(
also tried it with my wifes legit vista home premium wont do that
so fook it downloaded a hmmm copy of win 7 ultimate and it worked ok on mine
wife dont want it

btw what is extra on it lol

what a farce i got the win7 pro
and went to update my vista ulltimate hmmm edition it wouldnt do it :(
also tried it with my wifes legit vista home premium wont do that
so fook it downloaded a hmmm copy of win 7 ultimate and it worked ok on mine
wife dont want it

btw what is extra on it lol

AFAIK Windows 7 Professional is clean install only. Home Premium lets you upgrade.

Pro is an upgrade also, it was going to u[grade my vista, but I did not want it to.
I only wanted a clean after a format. So I ISO'd it :)

Pro is an upgrade also, it was going to u[grade my vista, but I did not want it to.
I only wanted a clean after a format. So I ISO'd it :)

thats what i thought aswelll but if u have vista utlimate before which i did and went to upgrade it to win7 pro then it doesnt work..u gotta do a clean install which im having to wait on the disk now since i downloaded the exe file.

as for whats the difference between than. win7 pro and win7 ultimate they are more or less the same..part from utlimate has bit locker and different langauges..which both i wouldnt use so i went with pro

thats what i thought aswelll but if u have vista utlimate before which i did and went to upgrade it to win7 pro then it doesnt work..u gotta do a clean install which im having to wait on the disk now since i downloaded the exe file.

as for whats the difference between than. win7 pro and win7 ultimate they are more or less the same..part from utlimate has bit locker and different langauges..which both i wouldnt use so i went with pro

read my post 34

Back