Win Validation?

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chaps, how do I change the Windows validation code to accept Win updates?

I thought I had the corp version on my system!, but It will not let me update anything on the Microsoft site.

genuine version but got star

i have a genuine version of xp home edition on my hp pavillion pc and now this star has appeared since yesterday can i get microsoft to revalidate my version and if so how thanks for any replys joe

SPARKYJOE said:
i have a genuine version of xp home edition on my hp pavillion pc and now this star has appeared since yesterday can i get microsoft to revalidate my version and if so how thanks for any replys joe
if your using a ligit version of windows that shouldnt happen mate, contact microsoft.

Also, i have latest cr*ck that allows windows updates and removes the blue star, if anyone wants just pm me your email address.

:Cheers:

thomson said:
my machine came with a genuine version of windows xp home and i have the key sticker on the base unit, but since it was new, infact since the day it got delivered i reinstalled windows xp pro and used a different key, does this mean i could use my genuine xp home key with my copy of xp pro ???

p.s
i dont have the original disk with xp home as the cheapskate company never gave me one.

you can use a any copy of windows xp home and register with the key they supplied you with.
if you cant activate online you will get freefone number and then activate it by fone

thomson said:
my machine came with a genuine version of windows xp home and i have the key sticker on the base unit, but since it was new, infact since the day it got delivered i reinstalled windows xp pro and used a different key, does this mean i could use my genuine xp home key with my copy of xp pro ???

p.s
i dont have the original disk with xp home as the cheapskate company never gave me one.

you can use a any copy of windows xp home and register with the key they supplied you with.
if you cant activate online you will get freefone number and then activate it by fone.i don't think there is a real difference in using xp home to xp pro, plus you'll be totally legit and get all updates without messing about

OK heres the cut of it all:
There are new workarounds for the new wga, this will continue no doubt for ages, microsoft will continue releasing new wga tools with the "security updates" so i suggest you turn automatic updates off and just download autopatcher xp or just keep going in this circle every month.

There are genuine copies of windows bringing up failure messages, this appears to be linked to validation before the installation of SP1, the retards at microsoft obviously forgot that some people updated from an original non sp system, twats.

Back