Wii not reading some games (New and some old).

stellarocksme

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, just a quick un, i got a Wiikey 2 installed on my Wii and had no problems at all but now it's not reading some games (Unreadable Disk) e.g

Water Sports
NFS Nitro
Shaun White
4x4 Stunt Racer and a few other's i noticed, Shaun White did work and a few others which did work now dont. I updated the Wiikey F/W to v1.3 yesterday still no luck. The only thing i can think is the 4.2E upgrade i did a while ago (I not used my Wii for a while) so im not sure if its 4.2E or not causing the problem.

All the games are burnt on Verb's at a slow speed and the disk's are fine no scratches.

Any ideas guys ?, thanks anyway for looking and any info given.

your best bet is to do the 4.2e softmod then it wiil read all your games through neogamma or do the cfgusbloader and then you can use a fat32 formatted harddrive to store your games

edogg

hi m8 ignore the posts above if you are just wanting to play games like a normal person...

are you using PAL games?

4.2 cannot play ntsc games on a pal wii etc as its blocked on the latest update

i personally would stick with using your wiikey v2 its the best modchip to date.

hi m8 ignore the posts above if you are just wanting to play games like a normal person...

are you using PAL games?

4.2 cannot play ntsc games on a pal wii etc as its blocked on the latest update

i personally would stick with using your wiikey v2 its the best modchip to date.
so explain to him how to get them games working then, i have ntsc games working on my pal wii with preloader installed, it blocks updates and bypasses them!

Could always spend 50 quid on an ext hdd and play the ntsc off there.
They play ok on a Pal Wii.

burn a pal copy of the game?

bypassing updates doesnt always fix the issue by the way ...

im not going to jump to the conclusion that using ntsc discs is his problem, he might have a bad laser on his drive...

also burning verbs for wii the speed doesnt matter go 8x or what ever and you shouldnt have any issues...

Originally Posted by PleXo cable satellite consoles View Post
hi m8 ignore the posts above if you are just wanting to play games like a normal person..

whats that all about, the way i have mine set up with an external hard drive is defo the best way to go, as theres no burning games to disc, just throw them straight on the drive, and never have to change a game again, all your games are just there on the usb drive, yet you assume the 2 people that replied are NOT NORMAL PEOPLE, what a freak!

most people dont understand the concept of softmodding and find it difficult, alot of people will just find it easier (if i am right in the ntsc/pal issue) to just get PAL games rather than messing with files beyond their capability...

bypasses updates yes but updates are there for a reason, when they are actually needed for the game to play you will be given a blank screen, in which case u got to manually install the required files urself, and find the files in the first place

by a normal person i mean to turn the wii on, put disc in and it plays, if it needs updated, it will update it, no worries most of the time no hassle (in modchip lifetime there has been 3 updates that i can think of)

simply saying that 99% of problematic posts on here about modchips are usually replied to with a link to how to softmod your wii, when alot of people just want the hardmod to work, which it does very well

each to there own mate i get that, im no professional on the wii but iv softmodded a few and the guide i stated was only to try and help the original poster, upto him what he does but its an option, obviously theres something not right with the wiikey as its not playing games.

the guide i give him if followed correctly, which to be honest with the photo's you cant go wrong would do the job!

no files are beyond anyones capability if they do a little research and sort of understand what there doing its not hard, thats how i learnt.

anyway upto the original poster what he does, i was just offering another option to his problems???

Same problem here mate just a few months ago

followed the 4.2 guide here and now using a USB HD and not looked back:proud:

i agree with its not beyond their capability but its more to do with the lack of interest and they just want to play games

theres no fault with the wiikey v2 but the modchip patches the region code to pal but in 4.2 there are added checks used instead of just the region code, so for the mean time ntsc games wont run on hardmodded wiis with 4.2...

each to there own mate i get that, im no professional on the wii but iv softmodded a few and the guide i stated was only to try and help the original poster, upto him what he does but its an option, obviously theres something not right with the wiikey as its not playing games.

the guide i give him if followed correctly, which to be honest with the photo's you cant go wrong would do the job!

no files are beyond anyones capability if they do a little research and sort of understand what there doing its not hard, thats how i learnt.

anyway upto the original poster what he does, i was just offering another option to his problems???

Thanks all, yeah its the NTSC games that wont run BUGGER !!!!!, Can't i change the Region Code using this tool ?

Wii NTSC to PAL Converter! :D - Noeman GSM

Thanks all for the info, for a sec i thought my Wii was on its way out....Even took it apart and cleaned the laser DUH !!!!! Lol.....

I got a USB HD, oh and what's all the talk about a preloader as i would like to stick with the WiiKey.

Thanks again.

hi m8 that ntsc to pal converter as far as i know just patches the region code which the wiikey v2 already does on its own, i would just recommend you get the PAL versions of the games to keep things simple :)

no worries mate remember about burning speeds 8x should be fine :) will save you ALOT of time :)

Back