wifi router and 3g

matty125

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope this has not been asked before..

This is probably a daft question, but I will ask anyway. I currently live in an area with a strong 3 (mobile network) signal and have a 'one plan' contract that allows tethering. I am receiving consistent speeds of 12-14Mbps? better than my historic adsl connection!!

Anyway, I appreciate you can get wifi routers that have the ability to connect to 3g using a phone sim, however does a device/process exists that would allow me to connect my phone (without taking the sim out) to a wifi router to allow all existing devices access to the internet?

I do use the phone as a hotspot, but I have multiple devices that have wired connections to my router. i.e pc, ps3, xbox360. I would rather not purchase wireless adaptors for all of my wired devices.

I just think I could remove the internet costs of fibre/adsl and phone line rental if I could come up with a solution.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions!!

tenda or sapido 3g router

create a wireless network works fine

can also run cat5 lan

A wireless bridge set to connect to your phone would provide 4 Ethernet ports for you.

I wanted something similar. Basically a wifi router with cat5 ports that connected to virgin modem but if that connection failed connect via 3g but I suppose a wifi access point would work.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all the comments. I must admit I do like the look of the Sapido GR297n... exactly what I was looking for.. Now to find the best prices... If/when I manage to get hold of one I'll update this thread... Thanks again.

I wanted something similar. Basically a wifi router with cat5 ports that connected to virgin modem but if that connection failed connect via 3g but I suppose a wifi access point would work.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

hi I use a TP-Link TL-MR3220 3G/3.75G 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Router at my caravan with 3g dongle
I have also used it from a vm modem it can be set to use both setting either 3g or wan as perferred

hope this may help

Attachments

• tp page.JPG
    tp page.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 8
Back