WiFi Wifi Repeater Placement

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Afternoon chaps,

Lets say you wanted to send a wireless signal 100m and at 95m it was on say 1 bar and very weak. If you used a wifi repeater, how far away from the source would be the ideal distance to put it to get maximum effect?

Cheers

Dar :)

:)

Thats what i was thinking :)

The reason i asked was, someone in the NowTV thread said that they had a weak signal where the now box was, so they put a repeater next to the box (if i read it correctly?lol) which seemed a bit odd to me, as surely if there was just say 1 bar where the box was, then the repeater would only be repeating a 1 bar strength of signal? :)

:)

Thats what i was thinking :)

The reason i asked was, someone in the NowTV thread said that they had a weak signal where the now box was, so they put a repeater next to the box (if i read it correctly?lol) which seemed a bit odd to me, as surely if there was just say 1 bar where the box was, then the repeater would only be repeating a 1 bar strength of signal? :)

Depends it might have been an access point or had a better receiver giving a good signal.

For example I have my CCTV connected to my super hub in the loft bedroom. On a laptop the signal drops out all of the time. On the access point I use I get a steady 68% signal .

Just to comment.
If anybody is thinking of powerline ethernet plugs and you are interested in short wave radio have a search on google for 'rsgb powerline'
It seems that some of these devices are killing certain parts of the HF band...

Carry on lol
DiGG

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back