Wifi on tm 5402

Timelord

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi peeps,
Is it poss to use a USB wifi dongle on the tm5402, I'm thinking of goin mobile and still want all services but through wifi? I'm also gonna try and convert a DISH dome to ku to use when parked up, not to bothered about "inmotion" as this could be ruddy dangerous on motorway !!:proud:
Regards TL.
Ps not always on mains (inverters) so vonets may not be answer. TL.

Hi peeps,
Is it poss to use a USB wifi dongle on the tm5402, I'm thinking of goin mobile and still want all services but through wifi? I'm also gonna try and convert a DISH dome to ku to use when parked up, not to bothered about "inmotion" as this could be ruddy dangerous on motorway !!:proud:
Regards TL.
Ps not always on mains (inverters) so vonets may not be answer. TL.

AFAIK, there's no USB wifi dongle you can use direct on the 5402, but if you search the 'well known auction site' for tm5402 wireless, the £9.95 one works fine. It is powered off the USB socket, but the data go through the LAN port.

Nice find trevortron, I have these on order and when dome is fitted to van will connect up........
Update pending
Thanks. TL

I have a Vonex WiFi Bridge, which is supposed to be fine for the TM series - it certainly works well with my kitchen smart tv for wireless reception!

Back