WiFi wifi intermittent

lpjp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Good Evening.

I'm having an issue where my wifi connection has become intermittent recently. I have noticed that my signal will drop and then the computer will freeze, especially when I am pushing large amounts of data around my network.

I have tried wired and everything checks out so this is definitely an issue with wifi.

I have checked aerial cables which are fine and reseated the mini pci card too.

My wifi card is an Intel 6200.

Hello.

I've used insider and currently using channel 3 as nobody else was using that channel. All my other wifi devices connect fine and experience none of the issues that this laptop does. The problem only seems to be when I start pushing large amounts of data around. general surfing seems to be ok. Tried sending a 700Mb file to the server and computer locked up and restarted. Ive checked minidump but there isn't one. Event viewer not showing up any problems either?

Try another channel mate as I've had devices that just won't connect on certain channels.
For your mini dump have you got it setup in Windows? Check "startup and recovery"in advanced on system properties.

Last edited:
Mini dump is setup, the crash just doesn't create one. I've tried various channels and problem exists.

Have you checked the Intel website to see if there are any updated drivers? Maybe check with your laptop manufacturer to see if there any updates an all.

latest drivers from intel, none available on Dell website. I'm beginning to wonder if this card might be faulty?

Going to return for a new wifi card and report back once its installed.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Looks like the Intel 6200 has issues. Transferring large amounts of data causes card to slow down and eventually cause a lockup with no minidump file. Changed it for the latest Intel AC card and has been rock solid.

is this a windows 8 pc or lapy
if you up grade to windows 8.1 some do this I had to reset laptop back to windows 8
now it works again .
it took near allday yesterday to test and find this out now works great ,you can ,if wifi disable ethrnet plugin so its just wifi,you can also go into power settings and make sure its on max power not power savings.
this will help but if its 8.1 just remove and try.

if this dont work for you, your graphics card might be fooked,this happened to my older lapy.
hope its not this.

before any other action, you need first set wifi in no encryption mode to check performance.

if there is no problem, then it is chip's encryption algorithm problem and you will need choose a different type of encryption, e.g. from WPA2 to WPA

Good Evening.

I'm having an issue where my wifi connection has become intermittent recently. I have noticed that my signal will drop and then the computer will freeze, especially when I am pushing large amounts of data around my network.

I have tried wired and everything checks out so this is definitely an issue with wifi.

I have checked aerial cables which are fine and reseated the mini pci card too.

My wifi card is an Intel 6200.

Back